The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) is aligning with the updated CDC guidance that was released August 11, 2022. MCOPH will no longer have individualized guidance as a county, instead they will be aligning to CDC guidance. MCOPH will be managing COVID like other respiratory illnesses, like the flu, and referring back to sick policy.
How to Address a Positive COVID Tetst
Someone who tested positive for COVID should isolate for 5 days. The individual may return to school if:
- They remain fever free for 24 hours without medication and symptoms have improved
- Their symptoms are improving
- They feel healthy enough to return to school
The individual should plan to wear a mask while around others days 6-10. If they can’t wear a mask, they should isolate for the full 10 days.
If your child has tested positive for COVID 19, please take the following steps:
- DO NOT SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!
- Contact your regular family medical provider
- Please call the attendance line at your child’s school and inform them your child has tested positive.