Curriculum Update: Using a Virtual Video Platform
Over the past few weeks, our Curriculum and Instruction Department has been actively researching a safe format for video conferencing between students and teachers. While some school districts have moved to the public platform Zoom, Spring-Ford saw many areas in which this platform compromised our students' online safety. We are happy to announce that we are training our teachers to incorporate a virtual video space next week. Specific details and directions will be sent out to all families next week.
All electronic report cards are to be available by 4 p.m. via the Skyward System on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Be sure to give your student a high five, handshake or hug for their hard work!
From the COVID-19 Resource Page: Guiding Your Child During Social Isolation
Abington - Jefferson Health’s Community Health Department has shared a resource guide to help your family through these potentially anxiety-provoking times. It is not uncommon in this age of 24-hour news and social media for children to receive incorrect information and thus be feeling afraid or worried. Click here for more information.
Senior Shout Out
Parents, do you have a Senior Shout Out story to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Senior Shout Out story AND a picture so we can share some Class of 2020 Spring-Ford Pride! Senior Shout Out stories will be shared on Spring-Ford’s social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
School Board Meeting
Due to the current shutdown of schools, and in consideration of the health and safety of the school community, notice is hereby given that the Board of School Directors shall convene a regularly scheduled Work Session Meeting digitally on Monday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m., and a regularly scheduled School Board Meeting on Monday, April 27, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Participation at this meeting shall be limited to remote connection using the virtual meeting platform, Zoom. This meeting shall be recorded and posted on the District’s website to allow members of the community an opportunity to view the meeting.
How To Join the Virtual School Board Meeting with Zoom:
- In order to assure the best experience, it is recommended that an attendee installs the Zoom app. This app will work on Apple Devices, PC’s, Chromebook, iPhone and Android device.
- Please click here to install the app: https://zoom.us/download
- Click through the installation requests.
- Attendees do not need to create an account to join the meeting.
- Once you have the app installed, you are ready to participate.
- To join, use https://spring-ford.zoom.us/j/737353244 at 7:30 p.m.
How To Participate in the Virtual School Board Meeting on Zoom:
- Attendees will be able to view the video and audio during the School Board Meeting.
- Attendees will be invited to comment on Agenda Items Only at the start of the meeting and will be invited to speak during Public Comment at the end of the meeting.
- To speak during these designated times, and attendees should raise their hand to speak using their audio/video feature.
Comments may be submitted to BoardComment@spring-ford.net