REMINDER: No School April 28
Spring-Ford’s Online Learning will not take place on April 28 due to a scheduled Staff In-Service Day. As a reminder, Governor Wolf waived the first two weeks of the school closure, meaning the 2019-2020 school calendar has not changed.
Special Meeting: Finance Committee Meeting
The Spring-Ford Area School District Board of School Directors will hold a Special Finance Committee Meeting via a virtual meeting platform on Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss the 2020-2021 budget. Participation at this meeting shall be limited to remote connection using the virtual meeting platform, Zoom. This meeting shall be recorded and posted on the District’s website to allow members of the community an opportunity to view the meeting.
How To Join the Virtual School Board Meeting with Zoom:
- In order to assure the best experience, it is recommended that an attendee installs the Zoom app. This app will work on Apple Devices, PC’s, Chromebook, iPhone and Android device.
- Please click here to install the app: https://zoom.us/download
- Click through the installation requests.
- Attendees do not need to create an account to join the meeting.
- Once you have the app installed, you are ready to participate.
- To join, use https://spring-ford.zoom.us/j/92993131350 at 7:30 p.m.
How To Participate in the Virtual School Board Meeting on Zoom:
- Attendees will be able to view the video and audio during the School Board Meeting.
- Attendees will be invited to comment on Agenda Items Only at the start of the meeting and will be invited to speak during Public Comment at the end of the meeting.
- To speak during these designated times, and attendees should raise their hand to speak using their audio/video feature.
Comments may be submitted to BoardComment@spring-ford.net
2020 Commencement Update
Monday afternoon, the Montgomery County Department of Public Safety shared that Montgomery County schools will not be permitted to hold traditional graduation ceremonies. This is certainly a disappointment for everyone. Spring-Ford will move forward with a plan to offer each and every student the opportunity to participate in an individual ceremonial walk across our graduation stage over the course of four days in late-May. Graduates and their immediate family will honor social distancing during their assigned time to walk across the stage and receive their diploma jacket. RCTV will film each individual graduate, then will edit all graduates along with all commencement speakers, into a full graduation video ceremony, which will air on June 12, 2020 at 7 p.m.
In addition, if and when permitted, Spring-Ford will schedule a Special Celebratory Event for all graduates and their families to commemorate their high school achievements. The date will be determined based on the appropriate state mandated guidelines. Additional details including times, dates, required forms, creative ways to celebrate, etc. will be shared over the coming weeks.
While this graduation may not be what anyone dreamed of, the Class of 2020 will be making history!
Take a Minute for Mindfulness
Social distancing due to COVID-19 has been an unnatural experience for everyone, especially for young students who thrive on in-person interaction. Helping children navigate the social emotional aspect of quarantine is an experience no one ever anticipated knowing. Click here to watch Mindful Parenting tips from Brian Aikens for tips on how to care for yourself, as well as your family.