REMINDER: Adjusted Food Service Distribution Dates
Due to the scheduled Spring Break, Spring-Ford will alter the daily lunch schedule to make sure all families have food and milk over the break.
- Tuesday, April 7: service will be available to pick-up for both Tuesday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Spring City ES, Royersford, ES and 5/6/7 Grade Center
- Wednesday, April 8: no pick-up service
- Thursday, April 9: service will be available to pick-up for Thursday, Friday, and Monday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Spring City ES, Royersford, ES and 5/6/7 Grade Center
- Friday, April 10: no pick-up service
- Monday, April 13: no pick-up service
- Tuesday, April 14: regular daily service resumes from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Spring City ES, Royersford, ES and 5/6/7 Grade Center
MENTAL HEALTH ACTIVITIES
As we begin another week of social distancing, your child might be feeling anxious or worried about what lies ahead. Click here for a list of nine mental health activities to do with your children to embrace these uncertain times & deal with them in a positive way.
SENIOR YARD SIGN ORDER
For the fifth year, Spring-Ford parents can purchase Congratulations Graduate signs for their seniors! Signs will be available for in-person pick-up on April 14 or April 15. Use this opportunity to brag about your Spring-Ford graduate with 1, 2, or 5 signs!
WHEN: Tuesday, April 14 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Wednesday, April 15 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Spring-Ford Area High School 'teardrop,' 350 South Lewis Road, Royersford
DETAILS: Signs are 18”x24” with space to write your graduate’s name on the front and back. Signs are $10 each, payable by cash during your selected sign pick up date/time. When picking up your Yard Sign on Tuesday, April 7 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., please follow the guidelines below:
- Have exact change ready at the time of pickup, preferably in a sealed envelope with the amount and your name written on the outside. We are trying to avoid any direct contact with money.
- When you arrive, someone will collect your envelope through the driver’s side window.
- Your order will be placed into the trunk or back seat of your vehicle.
- All workers that you come in contact will be wearing masks and gloves for both your protection and theirs.
Senior Yard Signs have historically been used as a fundraiser to offset the cost of Decision Day. Our High School administration team is actively considering a variety of options to honor and recognize our seniors including, but not limited to, the annual Decision Day celebration, honors awards and recognitions, and of course graduation.
School Board Committee Meeting Update
Due to the current disaster emergency declared by Governor Wolf by Proclamation dated March 6, 2020, and the subsequent Executive Order closing schools “indefinitely”, and in consideration of the health and safety of the school community, notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Spring-Ford Area School District shall convene all regularly scheduled Board meetings including Board Committee meetings virtually until such time that the Executive Order is lifted and schools are reopened. All meetings will be held virtually on those dates and times previously advertised with the exception of the Policy Committee Meeting and the Curriculum/Technology Committee Meeting which were scheduled to occur during the District’s Spring Break. For the month of April:
- the Policy Committee meeting has been cancelled
- the Curriculum/Technology Committee meeting has been rescheduled to April 7, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. on Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/737353244)
- the Community Relations Committee Meeting will be held April 7, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. on Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/737353244)
- the Finance Committee Meeting is scheduled for April 14, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
- the Property Committee Meeting is scheduled for April 14, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Public participation at these meetings shall be limited to remote connection using a virtual meeting platform to allow for connection by any member of the public and provide a mechanism for participants to indicate that they would like to speak and offer comments during the public comment portion of the meeting.