Good afternoon Spring-Ford,
As you may already know, Governor Wolf recently released a new round of COVID-19 mitigation efforts. I would like to address three points as they relate to our school community. This new order indicates the following:
- The option for schools to remain open to in-person learning during the school day is not affected by this order.
- All in-person after-school activities, including sports and extracurricular activities, will be suspended until January 4, 2021. This order goes into effect Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. and will run through January 4, 2021 at 8 a.m.
- Activities such as clubs or sports that take place virtually are still allowed.
Some limited-time mitigation efforts also include:
- Outdoor dining and take-out food service sales are permitted and may continue. In-person indoor dining is prohibited.
- Indoor gatherings and events of more than 10 persons are prohibited. According to the Governor, in-person learning is exempted from this limitation.
- Outdoor gatherings and events of more than 50 persons are prohibited. Again, according to the Governor, in-person learning is exempted from this limitation.
- All sports at K-12 public schools, nonpublic schools, private schools and clubs, travel, recreational, intermural, and intramural sports are paused.
The Spring-Ford community is composed of many family-owned businesses. I encourage you to support these businesses by ordering take-out meals and “shopping small.” Please visit the Royersford Business Association, Spring City Area Business Association, or Spring-Ford Chamber of Commerce for a listing of local businesses.
As always, I appreciate your flexibility and patience as we continue moving forward.