As you know, tomorrow will be the first day of Online Learning. I’d like to thank our Curriculum Department, principals, and teachers for embracing this new way of learning. Over the past week our teachers have been building their new online space and are ready to greet their students tomorrow. Click here to watch a Spotlight Video from RCTV to take a look at the new "classrooms."
To keep the team spirit going, we’ll have a district-wide spirit day tomorrow! Wear your Spring-Ford gear to your home “classroom,” and email your picture to email@example.com. Spring-Ford Proud pictures will be shared online.
- Monday, March 30th: On-line learning becomes mandatory
- Tuesday, April 7th: End of the 3rd marking period
- Spring Break: April 8-13, 2020
- Technical Support will be available Monday- Friday 7 a.m – 9 p.m. via Zoom Room
- ZOOM Room Address: https://zoom.us/j/790380856
Lunch Distribution Reminder
Spring-Ford is providing breakfast/lunch brown bag service to ALL students 18 and under! Our goal is to ensure students in our community can access to breakfast and lunch each day. Please select one of the three available locations:
- The 5/6/7 Grade Center, 833 South Lewis Rd. Building 2, Royersford, PA 19468
- Royersford Elementary School, 450 Spring Street, Royersford, PA 19468
- Spring City Elementary School, 190 South Wall Street, Spring City, PA 19475
Pick-up will be Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Device Request Form
We are designing instruction so that it should be functional on any device. Having a keyboard may make the process easier for students, however, it is not required to have a separate keyboard (iPads have keyboards on the screen that would suffice).
Also, a printer is not required. We have encouraged teachers to keep in mind that not all families have access to a printer. This may look like a variety of options such as (but not limited to): digital responses, uploaded pictures/screenshots, digital voice recordings etc.
As needs arise, we will continue to monitor this and work with our families. We are willing and able to deploy every Chromebook in the district, if needed, to make this work. Please understand that we do have a finite number of devices. Teachers are designing instruction with the understanding that families may be sharing devices among students. In the spirit of community, we are trusting that our families will only request a device only if your family will not be able to make it work otherwise.
What username and password do students use?
Students will use their district email as their username and district password. Email address:
- 5 letters of students last name
- 3 letters of students first name
- 000 *typically, but not always
- Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password- Password used to login to district computers. Students in grades 7-12 previously had the ability to change their passwords and should use their updated password.
You can look up the student’s email address in skyward:
- Log into your Parent Skyward account
- Click on Student Information to find the email address
What to do if you don’t know your child’s email address
- Student email is accessible through Google: https://mail.google.com
- You can look up the student’s email address in skyward:
- Email is listed in skyward (General >Profile Tab>General Information)
Dr. David Goodin