Good evening Spring-Ford,
I am sure that you have heard the rumors that the state closures could be extended past March 30th. To be clear, we have NOT received any communication at this point indicating that. As of this message, we are still planning on returning to school on March 30th. Given that, we must be prepared for the “what if,” and we have been planning so that we are equipped to continue education at home IF NEEDED.
Next week our teachers will begin working in a new learning environment, online learning. Spring-Ford is a brick and mortar school, and making the switch to online learning is not an easy task. Our teachers – much like our students – are resilient, innovative, and ready to take on this task. Again, this plan will only go into place should the state mandated shut down continue beyond March 30th.
As a reminder, we are asking each family to complete a Home Internet and Device Access survey no later than Sunday, March 22, 2020. Please click here to complete the Home Internet and Device Access survey.
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING, MARCH 23, 2020
Due to the current shutdown of schools, and in consideration of the health and safety of the school community, notice is hereby given that the Board of School Directors shall convene a regularly scheduled Board Meeting digitally on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Participation at this meeting shall be limited to remote connection using the virtual meeting platform, Zoom. This meeting shall be recorded and posted on the District’s website to allow members of the community an opportunity to view the meeting.
How To Join the Virtual School Board Meeting with Zoom:
- In order to assure the best experience, it is recommended that an attendee installs the Zoom app. This app will work on Apple Devices, PC’s, Chromebook, iPhone and Android device.
- Please click here to install the app: https://zoom.us/download
- Click through the installation requests.
- Attendees do not need to create an account to join the meeting.
- Once you have the app installed, you are ready to participate.
- To join, use Meeting ID 320 744 5570 at 7:30 p.m. on March 23, 2020
How To Participate in the Virtual School Board Meeting on Zoom:
- Attendees will be able to view the video and audio during the School Board Meeting.
- Attendees will be invited to comment on Agenda Items Only at the start of the meeting and will be invited to speak during Public Comment at the end of the meeting.
- To speak during these designated times, and attendee should raise their and use the Q&A section on the bottom of the screen.
Individuals who do not have access to the Zoom app can dial into the meeting via telephone.
Dial by your location:
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US
- +1 301 715 8592 US
- Use Meeting ID: 320 744 5570
Dr. David Goodin