SFASD IS MOVING FORWARD
Earlier today, Governor Wolf announced that all schools in the commonwealth will remain closed through at least April 6, pending additional clarification from the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), as a result of the COVID-19 response efforts. This week, our teachers will begin building their new online learning classrooms. Spring-Ford is a brick and mortar school and making the switch to online learning is not an easy task. Our teachers – much like our students – are resilient, innovative, and ready to take on this task.
Online learning will begin on Monday, March 30, 2020. Parents will receive specific details and instructions over the next few days to prepare for a successful transition to online learning.
Please see the list of resources below if you or your family is in need of internet access:
- AT&T Access has 2 plans available, $5 a month for up to 3 Mbps or $10 a month for up to 10Mbps. 2 MONTHS free, no commitment, no contract, free install: https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#!/
- Xfinity Internet essentials, 2 months free and then $9.95 a month: https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
- Fios is offering the Lifeline program, which is also 2 months of internet for free and then a reduced rate based on what you qualify for: https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/account/manage-account/lifeline-discount
In an effort to keep our community healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19, notice is given that all Spring-Ford Area School District playgrounds, athletic fields, open fields, stadiums, tennis courts, and open play areas will be closed until further notice. Thank you for your cooperation.
FOOD SERVICE REMINDER
Spring-Ford is providing breakfast/lunch brown bag service to ALL children 18 and under! Our goal is to ensure students in our community can access to breakfast and lunch each day. Please select one of the three available locations:
- The 5/6/7 Grade Center, 833 South Lewis Rd. Building 2, Royersford, PA 19468
- Royersford Elementary School, 450 Spring Street, Royersford, PA 19468
- Spring City Elementary School, 190 South Wall Street, Spring City, PA 19475
Pick-up will be Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To ensure both our employees and community members remain healthy during this “grab and go” program we ask that you follow the process below:
- At each of the three locations, a Spring-Ford employee will greet you at your car, will count the number of children in the car, and will supply you with one breakfast bag and one lunch bag for each child. The bags will be delivered to your vehicle.
- Please note, children must be present to receive breakfast and lunch.
- Once you have received your bags, we ask that you exit the parking lot so others may receive their food. This will be a “grab and go” program, please do not plan on staying longer than needed.
- Please do not exit your car at any point.
- If you are walking, please have only one person walk up to the distribution area for pick up.
- No individual, employee or community member will be granted access to any building at any time.
SENIOR SHOUT OUT
Parents, do you have a Senior Shout Out story to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Senior Shout Out story AND a picture so we can share some Class of 2020 Spring-Ford Pride! Senior Shout Out stories will be shared on Spring-Ford’s social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING, MARCH 23, 2020: Due to the current shutdown of schools, and in consideration of the health and safety of the school community, notice is hereby given that the Board of School Directors shall convene a regularly scheduled Board Meeting digitally on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Participation at this meeting shall be limited to remote connection using the virtual meeting platform, Zoom. This meeting shall be recorded and posted on the District’s website to allow members of the community an opportunity to view the meeting.
How To Join the Virtual School Board Meeting with Zoom:
- In order to assure the best experience, it is recommended that an attendee installs the Zoom app. This app will work on Apple Devices, PC’s, Chromebook, iPhone and Android device.
- Please click here to install the app: https://zoom.us/download
- Click through the installation requests.
- Attendees do not need to create an account to join the meeting.
- Once you have the app installed, you are ready to participate.
- To join, use Meeting ID 320 744 5570 at 7:30 p.m. on March 23, 2020
How To Participate in the Virtual School Board Meeting on Zoom:
- Attendees will be able to view the video and audio during the School Board Meeting.
- Attendees will be invited to comment on Agenda Items Only at the start of the meeting and will be invited to speak during Public Comment at the end of the meeting.
- To speak during these designated times, and attendees should raise their and use the Q&A section on the bottom of the screen, or speak using their audio/video feature.
Individuals who do not have access to the Zoom app can dial into the meeting via telephone.
- Dial by your location:
- 253-215-8782 US
- 301-715-8592 US
- Use Meeting ID: 320 744 5570
Comments may be submitted to BoardComment@spring-ford.net.