MOVING AHEAD WITH SPRING-FORD, SAVE THE DATE!
Yesterday afternoon the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) announced that all schools in the Commonwealth will remain closed through at least April 6. We will continue to update families as we receive information from the Department of Education. Please rest assured that Spring-Ford Area School District has been planning in the event that this should happen. This week, our teachers have been participating in professional development and have been preparing to deliver instruction via Google Classroom, starting on Monday, March 30th.
The activities that students have been working over the past week focused on enrichment, with no new content for students. Starting Monday, March 30th teachers will be providing new instruction online using Google Classroom with the intent of advancing and moving the curriculum forward. Please know that we understand that this is going to be a transition for families, and we are stressing flexibility for families. Instruction will be asynchronous, which means that families will have flexibility as to when in the day they will complete their work.
We would like to present the community with the entire plan and invite you to join us on Thursday, March 26th at 6:30 pm.
WHEN: Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Online! Click here on Thursday, March 26th at 6:30 to join us on Zoom.
DETAILS: Join us for an informative Moving Ahead with Spring-Ford presentation. We look forward to working with you as we navigate this together! Please note, this meeting will be recorded and rebroadcast online.
How To Join a Zoom Meeting:
- In order to assure the best experience, it is recommended that an attendee installs the Zoom app. This app will work on Apple Devices, PC’s, Chromebook, iPhone and Android device.
- Please click here to install the app: https://zoom.us/download
- Click through the installation requests.
- Attendees do not need to create an account to join the meeting.
- Once you have the app installed, you are ready to participate.
- To join, use Meeting ID 422846306 at 6:30 p.m. on March 26, 2020
How To Participate in the Zoom Meeting:
- Attendees will be able to view the video and audio during the meeting.
- Attendees will be invited to ask questions at the end of the meeting.
Spring-Ford recommends that families requiring medication reach out to their physician and/or insurance provider to obtain refills. If a family is unable to secure a refill, School Nurses will be available on Friday, March 27, from 12 – 2 p.m. at your child(s) home school(s) to pick up the medication. School Nurses ask that all parents stay in their car and have identification available as they will be providing curbside service.
JUNIOR PROM UPDATE
As a result of the state's COVID-19 response efforts, Junior Prom is currently postponed. Additional information will be forthcoming as this situation unfolds. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
WHAT WE’RE WATCHING ON RAMFUL LEARNING
Have you checked the RAMful Learning playlist this week? Your favorite Spring-Ford friends have created nearly 50 videos, which you can easily access by clicking here! New videos include:
- Elementary Band Mambo from the Congo
- "Our 3 Words" | Spring Ford Counselors
- Chalk the Walk and Shamrock Hunts
- Microscope Discovery
- Color Walk
- Math Activities
- Fitness Challenges
- Spring-Ford Rainbow Challenge
- And more!