Curriculum and Instruction Update
The Spring-Ford Area School District is actively considering a variety of options to provide a meaningful education to all students next school year. While the hope is to return to classrooms this fall, Spring-Ford recognizes that the traditional school setting may look different. Over the coming weeks, three committees made up of Spring-Ford administration, teachers, and support staff will develop possible plans for the 2020-2021 school year including:
- A hybrid home and school model
- Continued home-based online learning
- Traditional in-person learning with social distancing guidelines
Planning for 2020-2021 is, of course, dependent upon local and state mandates and social distancing guidelines. Updates will be shared with the Spring-Ford community as plans for the fall evolve.
In addition, individual 2019-2020 Feedback Surveys will be issued to families, students, and faculty/staff during the first week in June to help our Curriculum Department evaluate the current Instructional Continuation Plan.
School Board Meeting
Due to the current shutdown of schools, and in consideration of the health and safety of the school community, notice is hereby given that the Board of School Directors shall convene a regularly scheduled Work Session Meeting on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Participation at this meeting shall be limited to remote connection using the virtual meeting platform, Zoom. This meeting shall be recorded and posted on the District’s website to allow members of the community an opportunity to view the meeting.
How To Join the Virtual School Board Meeting with Zoom:
- In order to assure the best experience, it is recommended that an attendee installs the Zoom app. This app will work on Apple Devices, PC’s, Chromebook, iPhone and Android device.
- Please click here to install the app: https://zoom.us/download
- Click through the installation requests.
- Attendees do not need to create an account to join the meeting.
- Once you have the app installed, you are ready to participate.
- To join, use https://spring-ford.zoom.us/j/737353244 at 7:30 p.m.
2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration
Families who are ready to register for 2020-2021 Kindergarten can begin the online pre-registration process! Registration is easy, simply follow the steps below:
- 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Age Requirement: All Children Must Be 5 Years of Age by August 31, 2020
- Click here to review the registration process and required documents.
- At the end of the online pre-registration families will be prompted to contact the assigned elementary school.
- If possible, a virtual appointment will be setup to start the registration process.
- Families will be instructed how to submit all required documentation via email for review to finalize the registration.
Save the Date: 11th Annual Spring-Ford Film Festival
You are cordially invited to attend the 11th Annual Spring-Ford Film Festival! This annual event showcases the work of Spring-Ford Area High School’s Broadcast Program students. Typically held at the iconic Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, this year’s Film Festival will be streamed live online, feel the excitement of watching student-produced movies and more from home.
Safe 2 Say Something (S2SS)
As you may be aware, many of the measures required to halt the spread of COVID-19 have led children to become isolated from teachers, counselors, and other mandated reporters. In addition, social distancing has limited contact with peers and other trusted confidants. This isolation combined with increased stresses in the home make clear the need to provide a resource for those who feel unsafe or who are concerned about the safety of a friend.
To this end, the Attorney General’s office has repurposed and promoted the Safe2Say app and helpline as a tool available to students to report concerns regarding child abuse. Many schools and students are already very familiar with this program created in response to school violence.