School Nurse Appreciation Day!
Happy School Nurse Day! Since 1972, National School Nurse Day has been set aside to recognize school nurses. This year, School Nurse Day is May 6, 2020.
National School Nurse Day was established to foster a better understanding of the role of school nurses in the educational setting.
School nurses optimize student health and learning every day of the year. But, on National School Nurse Day, we take special time to celebrate and recognize the contributions that school nurses are making to the health and learning of our nation’s 50 million children.
Thanks to our school nurses:
- Amy Bonner – Limerick ES
- Cathy Bradfield – 8th GC
- Allison Eddinger – 5th/6th/7th GC
- Sandy Frost-Horvath – 9th GC
- Jaclyn Gospodarek – 10th-12th GC
- Lisa Greenwood – Upper Providence ES
- Stacey Huntington – 5th/6th/7th GC
- Erin Lewandoski – Oaks ES
- Laura McNeil Murphy – Evans ES
- Bridget Mullins – 10th-12th GC
- Tara Santangelo – Spring City ES
- Rachael Schauder – Royersford ES
- Trisha Smith – PJP/STC
- Linda Spivey – Brooke ES
- Melissa Wasko – 5th/6th/7th GC
- Jill Yeager – 10th-12th GC
Even though this is a day to thank and celebrate this special group of individuals, they wanted to extend their thanks to the Spring-Ford community! Click here to watch a Thank YOU video from your School Nurse!
New SFAHS Future Planning Center Feature
The Spring-Ford Area High School Future Planning Center (FPC) will be posting upcoming virtual college, career, and military visits on their web page just below the Important Announcements section at the top of the page. Parents and high school students should review the FPC page to learn more about:
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior resources
- Dual Enrollment
- Options for life after Spring-Ford
- Navigating the college search
- Military resources
- And more!