The Spring-Ford Area School District School Police Department is a law enforcement agency with an emphasis on protecting our students, staff, and visitors within the Spring-Ford Area School District (SFASD). The Spring-Ford Area School District (SFASD) is located in the western central portion of Montgomery County and in the eastern central section of Chester County. The district is comprised of the Townships of Limerick and Upper Providence and the Boroughs of Royersford and Spring City.
The growing community of approximately 47,370 straddles the route 422 bypass and offers the best of both a small-town atmosphere and proximity to metropolitan attractions. The district is characterized by small towns, suburban neighborhoods and rural areas. The location offers easy access to the cultural appeal of Philadelphia, as well as the warmth and nurturing feel of suburban America.
The district is approximately twenty miles northwest of Philadelphia, PA, twenty-five miles south of Reading, Pennsylvania, and five miles north of Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. The district has a combined land area of 44.4 square miles, and the 2010 U.S. Census population of the district is 47,368, compared to the 2000 U.S. Census population of 36,483; this represents an increase of 10,885 or 29.84%.
The Spring-Ford Area School District (SFASD) currently has an enrollment of over 8000 students.
The Spring-Ford Area School District School Police Department is comprised of four sworn school police officers and one public safety officer.The Spring-Ford Area School District School Police Department is in operation between the hours of 0600 hours and 2200 hours Monday through Friday.Members of the School Police Department remain “On Call” 24/7 for all school related incidents or emergencies.Members of the School Police Department work closely with all school administrative staff and leadership to provide high quality service at all times.
The command staff for the Spring-Ford Area School District School Police Department consists of:
- Superintendent of Schools
- Chief of Police/Coordinator of Safety, Security and Emergency Management
- Senior Officer in Charge
This Multi-Year Plan outlines both short and long term goals that will establish the future course of the Department for the coming years.
- Montgomery County Radio https://www.montcopa.org/133/Emergency-Communication
- Chester County Radio https://www.chesco.org/2921/9-1-1-Center
- Limerick Township Police Department https://www.limerickpa.org/156/Police
- Upper Providence Police Department https://www.uprov-montco.org/
- Royersford Police Department https://www.royersfordborough.org/
- Spring City Police Department http://springcitypa.gov/emergency-services/police-department/
- The Montgomery County Department of Emergency Management https://www.montcopa.org/132/Public-Safety
- The Chester County Department of Emergency Management https://www.chesco.org/2902/Emergency-Management
- The Pennsylvania State Police https://www.psp.pa.gov/troop%20directory/Pages/Troop-K.aspx
- The Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/taking-action/
- The Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office https://www.montcopa.org/102/District-Attorney
- The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office https://www.montcopa.org/397/Sheriffs-Office
- The Chester County District Attorney’s Office http://www.chesco.org/1441/District-Attorney
- The Chester County Sheriff’s Office http://www.chesco.org/167/Sheriff
- Mission Kids http://missionkidscac.org/
- Limerick Generating Station http://www.exeloncorp.com/locations
- CSX Rail Road https://www.csx.com/
- Custer’s Bus Service http://www.custersgarage.com/
The Spring-Ford Area School District School Police Department employees are committed to protecting life, liberty and property.We will provide the highest level of service and work in partnership with our community to ensure public safety but focusing on the following core principles;
- Protection of our Students, Staff, and Community
- Vigilant, Ethical and Impartial Enforcement of Law
- Critical Incident Preparedness and Response
- Crime Prevention, Reduction and Deterrence
We will remain dedicated to service and committed to excellence, focusing on the following core values:
- Professionalism: We are members of an exceptional and highly trained law enforcement organization. Our conduct and demeanor adhere to the highest standards of personal and organizational excellence.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest level of honesty, truthfulness, and ethical conduct.
- Respect: We ensure that all persons are treated with equality, dignity and courtesy.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to our Profession, our Community, our Agency and our Mission.