Spring-Ford Area School District is committed to advancing the integration of technology into teaching and learning. This includes developing and supporting the required infrastructure, hardware, software, and professional development. Our goals are to improve student academic achievement through technology literacy and to improve the capacity of all teachers to integrate technology effectively into curriculum and instruction.
Need support from home? Click here to join Zoom Support
Student email addresses provided by Spring-Ford Area School District. In accordance with policy 815, Acceptable Use Policy, students should only use this account for educational purposes and should keep the account information private. Students will need to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy when using the email account and will be disciplined accordingly for violations
Each student in the district can download Microsoft Office on up to five personal devices. Automatic updates are included in order to stay current with the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.
Student Email: Email is ONLY open for 7th-12th students, no exceptions.
- 7th and 8th Grade students can only email faculty (including Western Center), not anyone else including the outside world or student to student. These students can only receive from faculty as well. Exceptions will be made to external domains, such as code.org, if requested and approved by the Superintendent.
- 9th-12th Grade students can email each other (between 9th-12th) and faculty (including Western Center), no outside world access or to students in 7th/8th Grade. Exceptions will be made to external domains, such as code.org, if requested and approved by the Superintendent.
- Students email address matches their google apps account and matches the email field in skyward. Passwords are the student’s network password.
Spring-Ford Student email will allow students to:
- Communicate and receive information in a safe/filtered environment.
- Apply college/career ready skills relative to communication and productivity.
- Share files and collaborate with student peers and/or teachers.
- Access, share, and create digital products available through Office365 programs (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Use web tools that accommodate individualized or curricular needs.
Guidelines for student use of email:
In accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy, use Spring-Ford email for academic purposes onlyDo not share your email username and password with anyone and follow Spring-Ford guidelines for strong passwords.
- Delete and report unfamiliar or suspicious email that includes attachments or links.
- Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not trust an e-mail just because it looks official or has a company logo.
- Do not reply to email that asks you for sensitive information.
- Be respectful of someone else’s time.
- Follow teacher posted availability for email communication or ask your teacher when he/she might check email.
- Meet deadlines provided by your teacher.
- Maintain a positive “digital footprint” through what you share and post online.
- Re-read what you write before you send.
- Consider the appropriateness of your tone in personal and academic communication.
- Remember that others may have different opinions than your own—even if you cannot control what someone else says and does, you can control what you say and do.
- Use formal, or academically appropriate word choice and grammar when publishing text online.
- Speak with a person face to face (or seek help from appropriate support personnel) before sending, responding to, or publishing sensitive subject matter.
- Re-read what you write before you send.
Spring-Ford Area School District is pleased to announce that 7th-12th grade students will have access to Microsoft Office365. Students will have access to the following through Office 365.
Office 365 Install
- To access the Office 365 portal, www.office.com. Staff will use their email address and network password to log into the portal. (email@example.com) Install Office 2016 icon will be in the upper right hand corner. There is an option for ‘Other Installs’ which is the Office 2013 program if they so choose. This should be on PERSONAL devices not work.
- For Students to log on, same URL, www.office.com. Students will use their email address and network password to log into the portal. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Install Office 2016 icon will be in the upper right hand corner. There is an option for ‘Other Installs’ which is the Office 2013 program if they so choose. This should be on PERSONAL devices not work.
- Periodically a verification will take place on the machine office is installed on and will require the user to authenticate their email address and network password. This is Microsoft’s way to verify the end user still has a valid rams.spring-ford.net or spring-ford.net account. It’s a way Microsoft can ensure they are not getting ripped off and getting all the money they want.
- Once a staff member leaves or student leaves they will no longer be entitled to the Office copy any longer. The user would have to purchase their own copy or face the dimension consequences of degraded features in their office products.
The Skyward system allows parents and students to access attendance, assignments, grades, and food service information. Usernames and passwords may be obtained by contacting your child's school office.
Grades K-8 Only: Note regarding Attendance displays in Family Access: only the Attendance Date, the Periods, and the Type are significant. Ignore class labels; they are in no way significant with respect to attendance. In the picture below, interpret that the student was dismissed early during the morning and was absent during the afternoon.
"Ath" Grade Bucket
Parents of students in grades 7 through 12 please note that some classes will display a grade labeled "Ath" in addition to quarterly averages. Grades labeled "Ath" are the grades reported to the Athletic Office weekly for student activity participants. These grades are a snapshot in time and are used only in the determination of eligibility to participate in activities.
- Every Spring-Ford teacher (in grades 4-12) will keep an up-to-date electronic grade book.
- All assignments will use adequate descriptors and dates specially designed to impart that knowledge to student and parent readers.
- Current assessments will be entered in a timely manner.
- When questions arise with respect to assignments and assessments, parents are encouraged to communicate with the teacher.
- Any Family/Guardian associated to a student has the ability to setup and make changes to his or her own Skylert contact information.
- When updating emergency contacts, use the contact's legal name (no nicknames).
- Your address CANNOT be changed online; you MUST visit your child's school and show appropriate proof of residency.
- Do NOT use comment boxes to ask for special phone numbers or special e-mail addresses to be used in specific situations; special requests when related to mass contact situations cannot be accommodated. Place all of your phone numbers and e-mail addresses in the Skylert boxes for those purposes.
- Skyward does NOT maintain daycare information. So, parents are reminded to contact their child's school with daycare information prior to the end of July.
- If you do not have your Skyward Family Access logon information, please contact the office at your child(ren)'s school.