The goal of Modernizing Learning is to maximize learning and increase differentiation through the use of technology. This goal is achieved by:
- Providing professional learning and coaching for teachers so integration of technology is seamless and driven by curriculum and assessment.
- Increasing teacher access to and use of technology as best instructional practice and to utilize data to inform instruction.
- Increasing student access to and use of technology to deepen knowledge, understanding, and 21st Century Skills to allow for seamless transition to college and career.Our students are future ready.
Over the past six years, Five Cohorts of teachers - more than 50 total - have experienced modernized learning training. Due to this training and the technology, we have observed:
- Teachers use technology as a seamless part of solid instructional practice, engaging students and meeting their individual needs.
- Students embracing technology integration as easily in the classroom as they do outside of it, with increased engagement in learning, knowledge, and 21st century skills.
In order to ensure ALL K-12 students are involved in “modernized” learning, we have created a plan to increase student and teacher access to technology along with Technology training.
- Classroom carts will be placed in each classroom in the elementary schools
- K-1st - Ipads
- 2nd - Chrome Tablets
- 3rd and 4th: Chromebooks
- 5th - 12th - Fully Modernizing Learning
LET'S GET TECHNICAL: EQUIPMENT QUESTIONS
- What device is being used in Modernizing Learning program?
- Where do I get more information about the Protection Plan?
- Will students be provided with cases for the device?
- How do I learn how to use the device?
- How does my student connect the device to a home network?
- What if we do not have internet access at home?
- If my student is using a school-issued device does that mean that the district will be monitoring their device?
- What is the procedure to return the device if my student withdraws from school mid-year?
- My student's device is in need of repair. Is there an additional charge?
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED QUESTIONS
FOR STUDENTS: BEST PRACTICES GUIDELINES