Spring-Ford Area School District (SFASD) is planning to open for in-person instruction, 5-days per week, for all students in kindergarten through 12th grade for the 2021-2022 school year.
SFASD will monitor county and municipality incidence and positivity data leading to a designation of low, moderate, substantial, or high status as determined by the Commonwealth
SFASD will continue to consider guidance and implement mandates provided by:
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health (PaDoH)
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- The Montgomery Office of Public Health (MCOPH)
If schools are required* by local health officials to open at a reduced capacity, SFASD will operate on a hybrid model (Blue/Gold) with two days of in-person instruction and three days of virtual and asynchronous instruction.
If schools are required by local health officials to fully close for in-person learning, SFASD will operate on a synchronous and virtual basis.
- Staff will report to their assigned building for instruction
- Students with special needs will adhere to a modified in-person model where feasible to best facilitate a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
- Athletics and extracurricular activities will follow PaDoH/PDE/MCOPH/PIAA/PAC requirements. Guidelines will be considered.
*A requirement to modify our instructional model is defined as a mandate from PDE/PaDoH/MCOPH.