At this time, we will not be utilizing volunteers in our school buildings or classrooms. We look forward to the time we can welcome all volunteers back into our buildings!
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you seeking a job that allows flexibility? The Spring-Ford Area School District is in need of Substitute Teachers and Substitute Instructional Assistants for the 2020-2021 School year – in-district and virtual. Substitutes desiring virtual assignments will be trained in the district’s LMS, Canvas. Per diem, Extended, and Long-term Substitutes are contracted through the Substitute Teacher Service. Per diem substitute teachers earn $120/day up to 40 assignments and $150/day thereafter. Substitute Instructional Assistants earn $12.70/hour.
Contact STS at thesubservice.com or 610-566-6466 to start the application process!
Volunteers are an essential ingredient in the success of our schools and students.
- Please note: none of the clearances (Act 34, Act 151, Act 114 FBI or Affidavit) are automatically submitted to Spring-Ford. You as the volunteer must submit all documents.
- All clearances will be effective for five (5) years from the issue date on the clearance.
- Please save all clearances electronically and keep a copy for yourself.
- The Raptor Visitor Management System requires a valid State Issued Photo ID when entering the school.
Limited Contact Volunteer:
A volunteer in this category is in the range of volunteers who may perform a role with little to no contact with students, indirect contact with students, direct contact with students up to roles with or in close proximity to a school district employee while performing his/her volunteer service and there is NO time when the volunteer is alone with a student or in a secluded, isolated or remote area with a student without a school district employee being present. Limited Contact volunteers include, but are not limited to, chaperones for single day field-trips, working events with home and school and other parents organizations, working in the concession stand, serving as a daily classroom, library or office assistant and/or assisting with classroom or building special events. Limited Contact Volunteers will be required to submit the following documents:
- Act 34: PA Criminal Record Certificate - FREE for volunteers
- Act 151: Child Abuse History Certificate Report - FREE for volunteers
- Volunteer Affidavit * OR Act 114: FBI Criminal Clearance Report (fingerprinting)
- If you have lived in Pennsylvania for the entirety of the previous 10 years complete a Volunteer Affidavit swearing and affirming you are not disqualified from volunteer service.
- If you have lived outside of Pennsylvania at some point over the past 10 years please complete the Act 114 - FBI Criminal Clearance Report.
- Act 114 FBI Criminal Clearance access code: 1KG6Y3
Substantial Contact Volunteer
A volunteer who will or is reasonably likely to have direct contact with a student while performing his/her volunteer service without direct supervision by a school district employee. Direct contact time may include, but is not limited to, coaching and/or assisting with an athletic team or musical performing group, advising an extracurricular activity, chaperoning an overnight field trip or competition, and/or providing supplemental assistance to a student without direct supervision by a school district employee. Substantial Contact Volunteers will be required to submit the following documents:
Unfortunately, the district is unable to reimburse volunteers for their clearances.
Clearances are not automatically submitted to Spring-Ford Area School District when applying. Volunteers must submit all clearances directly to the district.
All visitors and volunteers will still be required to use the Raptor Visitor Management System upon entering each school.
The Raptor Visitor Management System requires a valid State Issued Photo ID when entering the school.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Report of TB Screening by MD *only required if country of birth or visited for over 90 days are listed as a high TB risk country