Please check back at a later date for volunteer information for the 2020-2021 School Year!
Volunteers are an essential ingredient in the success of our schools and students.
- The Annual Online Volunteer Registration is required for each school year not per the calendar year.
- All volunteers will be required to submit the Annual Online Volunteer Registration form and the required clearances.
- Please note: none of the clearances (Act 34, Act 151, Act 114 FBI or Affidavit) are automatically submitted to Spring-Ford. You as the volunteer must submit all documents.
- All clearances will be effective for five (5) years from the issue date on the clearance.
- The Raptor Visitor Management System requires a valid State Issued Photo ID when entering the school.
Check your volunteer status and clearance dates on Skyward by following this guide!
Volunteer Document/Online Registration Submission is recommended by the date below for each of the following schools events in order to assure time for approval. Submitting after this date does not automatically disqualify you from being approved in time for the volunteer event but please be advised that your information may not be processed in time.
|Volunteering Event||Recommended to Submit by:|
|Halloween Celebration||October 15, 2019|
|Thanksgiving Celebration||November 8, 2019|
|Winter Holiday Celebration||December 6, 2019|
|Valentine's Day Party||January 31, 2020|
|SNAP- Post Prom||April 10, 2020|
|Field/Olympic Day||May 8, 2020|
|Field Trips||2 weeks prior to Field Trip|
|Other Events||2 weeks prior to Event|
Limited Contact Volunteer:
A volunteer in this category is in the range of volunteers who may perform a role with little to no contact with students, indirect contact with students, direct contact with students up to roles with or in close proximity to a school district employee while performing his/her volunteer service and there is NO time when the volunteer is alone with a student or in a secluded, isolated or remote area with a student without a school district employee being present. Limited Contact volunteers include, but are not limited to, chaperones for single day field-trips, working events with home and school and other parents organizations, working in the concession stand, serving as a daily classroom, library or office assistant and/or assisting with classroom or building special events. Limited Contact Volunteers will be required to submit the following documents:
- Annual Online Volunteer Registration
- Act 34: PA Criminal Record Certificate - FREE for volunteers
- Act 151: Child Abuse History Certificate Report - FREE for volunteers
- Volunteer Affidavit * OR Act 114: FBI Criminal Clearance Report (fingerprinting)
- If you have lived in Pennsylvania for the entirety of the previous 10 years complete a Volunteer Affidavit swearing and affirming you are not disqualified from volunteer service.
- If you have lived outside of Pennsylvania at some point over the past 10 years please complete the Act 114 - FBI Criminal Clearance Report.
- Act 114 FBI Criminal Clearance access code: 1KG6Y3
Substantial Contact Volunteer
A volunteer who will or is reasonably likely to have direct contact with a student while performing his/her volunteer service without direct supervision by a school district employee. Direct contact time may include, but is not limited to, coaching and/or assisting with an athletic team or musical performing group, advising an extracurricular activity, chaperoning an overnight field trip or competition, and/or providing supplemental assistance to a student without direct supervision by a school district employee. Substantial Contact Volunteers will be required to submit the following documents:
Unfortunately, the district is unable to reimburse volunteers for their clearances.
Clearances are not automatically submitted to Spring-Ford Area School District when applying. Volunteers must submit all clearances directly to the district.
All clearances and disclosure statements must be received at least two weeks prior to the volunteer activity. All visitors and volunteers will still be required to use the Raptor Visitor Management System upon entering each school.
The Raptor Visitor Management System requires a valid State Issued Photo ID when entering the school.
Volunteers must submit the Annual Online Volunteer Registration.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Annual Online Volunteer Registration
Report of TB Screening by MD *only required if country of birth or visited for over 90 days are listed as a high TB risk country