School Board Vacancy
Spring-Ford Area School District Board of School Director Diane Sullivan announced her resignation from the Board, effective immediately, on June 20, 2022. Mrs. Sullivan has served on the Board since December 2019.
In her letter to Board President Dr. Margaret Wright, Mrs. Sullivan said, “It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the district and the community in this role along with the other members of the board and the administration. As always, I have confidence that the board will pursue the best interest of the students and faculty through your decisions and actions moving forward.”
Dr. Wright thanked Mrs. Sullivan for her service to the district and said, “I’m sure I speak for all the board, which I rarely do, in saying that we feel the loss of Mrs. Sullivan as part of the board.”
The Spring-Ford Area School District Board of School Directors is actively seeking applicants to fill the vacancy in Region III. The term to be filled will continue through December 2023.
Interested applicants living in Region III must be at least 18 years of age and have been residents of the Spring-Ford Area School District for at least one year. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a resume. Interested applicants should include any information that they feel helps support their application to serve as a board member. Per School Board Policy 004, applicants must:
- Be of good moral character, be eighteen (18) years of age, shall have been a resident of the district for at least one (1) year prior to the date of his/her election or appointment, and shall not be a holder of any office or position as specified in Section 322 of the School Code; nor shall the individual be a member of the municipal council.
- Shall not have been removed from any office of trust under federal, state or local laws for any malfeasance in such office.
- Shall not be engaged in a business transaction with the school district, be employed by the school district, or receive pay for services from the school district, except as provided by law.
- Shall take and subscribe to the oath or affirmation prescribed by statute before entering the duties of the office.
- Shall file a statement of financial interests with the State Ethics Commission before taking the oath of office or entering upon his/her duties.
Click here to view the Spring-Ford Area School District Voting Districts (regions).
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, July 6, 2022. Electronic (email) applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. and should be sent to Laurie Bickert, Board Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand-delivered or mailed applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. and should be submitted to Spring-Ford Area School District, Administration Building, Attn: Board Secretary Laurie Bickert, at 857 S. Lewis Road, Royersford, PA 19468. The board will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, July 11, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. to interview the candidates and vote on filling the vacancy. Interested applications must be present in-person for the interview.