- Thursday, March 8th at 9am - PIAA State Wrestling Tournament at The Giant Center, Hershey, PA
- Friday, March 9th at 9am - PIAA State Wrestling Tournament at The Giant Center, Hershey, PA
- Friday, March 9th at 6pm - PIAA State 1st Round vs William Allen (Allentown) at Downingtown West High School
- Saturday, March 10th at 9am - PIAA State Wrestling Tournament at The Giant Center, Hershey, PA
Swimming will now start on Saturday, March 3rd at LaSalle University as follows:
Boys 8:30 am
Girls 1:30 pm
Wrestling regionals will now start Saturday at 9am at Oxford High School
PIAA District One has decided to postpone all playoff events for tonight since there are games, meets and matches all over the District map. So to be equal they have postponed and our game for 3rd place in District One and the 3rd seed in the state tournament will now be Saturday 1:00pm vs Garnet Valley at Spring-Ford.
The Spring-Ford Board of School Directors approved the 2018-2019 School Calendar during the February 26, 2018 Board Meeting. The first day of school will be August 27, 2018 and the tentative last day of school will be June 14, 2019. Click here to view the full calendar.
Girls Basketball will play Central Bucks South at Bensalem High School on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 6:00PM. Tickets are available at the door for $5.00.
There will be a fan bus departing the high school from Door #12 at 3:45pm – Cost $5.00, you must sign up and pre-pay in the Athletic Office for the fan bus.
Register for the 5th Annual Spring-Ford Educational Foundation 5K Run/Walk today! The Spring-Ford Educational Foundation 5K benefits the Senior Impact Dinner. Beginning with the class of 2006, SFASD has honored individuals nominated by graduating seniors who have made an impact on their educational experience. A dinner is held for nominees and the seniors who nominated them to celebrate how each individual has impacted his/her life.
2018 Spring-Ford Educational Foundation 5K Run/Walk
DATE: Friday, April 20, 2018
TIME: Registration begins at 5:30 p.m.; Kids 1 Mile Fun Run begins at 6:15 p.m.; 5K Run Walk begins at 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Spring-Ford Area High School; 350 South Lewis Road, Royersford
NEW THIS YEAR: Register by April 6 and you'll receive a Spring-Ford 5K long sleeve shirt!
Click HERE to view the Spring Sports starting dates. Please remember Registration (1st sport of the school year) or Re-Certification (2nd and 3rd sport of the school year) MUST be completed 2 weeks before tryouts begin. If paperwork is turned in late a missed tryout opportunity will occur.
Student who plan on trying out for a Spring Sport, please be aware of the upcoming deadline for Athletic Registration and Re-certification.
Registration/Re-Certification Due Date
HS Sports (Grades 9-12)
Monday, February 19, 2018
Monday, March 5, 2018
MS Sports (Grades 7-8)
Monday, March 5, 2018
Monday, March 19, 2018
Registration/Re-certification turned in after the due date will result in a missed tryout opportunity.
Here is the web site for Digital Sports. This site is updated daily as changes occur. Please use this for future events that are not on the weekly report, changes occur daily. http://springfordhs.digitalsports.com/#events
2017-2018 Student Athletic Registration
We encourage you to start registration now for any student who plans on participating in a Fall, Winter or Spring sport from grades 7-12 (current 6-11 grade students). Parents must fill out the initial registration. In order to register your student the following must be completed before they can participate in any practice. Due dates for Sports Registration is 2 weeks before the start of the season for high school and middle school. Failure to adhere to this due date may result in missed tryout opportunity.
- Register online for 2017-18 on our web site (using the link below) will be open on Monday, May 22, 2017. Please note registration for the 2016-17 school year may not be used for 2017-18 as you must register each new school year. See the directions below.
- Section 5: Health History – must be printed, completed and returned. Please check to see that the student and parent signed this form.
- Section 6: PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical, must be printed and taken to the doctor when getting physical. Physical must be administered by the doctor ON or AFTER June 1, 2017 for student-athlete to be eligible to participate in sports for the 2017-18 school year. Please make sure the doctor dated and signed the physical.
Cost for the physicals done at the school (June of 2017) are $20, you can pay with a check made payable to Dr. Brosius or cash at the time of the physical. Dates and times are listed on the Athletic Home Page, please register online before attending the physical.
The above forms must be turned into Athletic Office for your student’s grade level.
- Students in grades 7 and 8, (current grade 6 and 7) forms are to be turned into the 8th grade center, Attn: Mr. Racich
- Students in grades 9 through 12,(current grade 8-11) forms are to be turned into the Athletic Office at the 10-12 Center, Attn: Mrs. Weiss
Questions on registration please contact Mrs. Weiss by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 610-705-6030. Be sure to leave your students first and last name and grade.
To sign onto Athletic Sports Registration you will need to do the following:
- Use your Skyward Family Access username of the first guardian listed under your students family information. This is the primary user name that will allow you access to gateway registration. The user name is usually in all capital letters, example: Sally Perkiomen would be PERKISAL000
- Use your Family Access password. This is either the password you were initially assigned, or whatever you changed it to.
- In order to start the process click here.
If you have a student athlete at Spring-Ford, please read below and then use the link below to proceed to the secure re-certification page.
All student athletes Grade 7 through 12 who participated in a Fall or Winter Sport this school year, must RE-CERTIFY buy using the procedure detailed below.
We encourage you to start Re-Certification NOW for any student currently participating in a Fall or Winter Sport and is now Re-Certifying for a Winter or Spring Sport. Parents need to complete the online Re-Certification, using the link below. Re-Certification must be completed 2 weeks before the start of tryouts. Failure to adhere to this due date may result in missed tryout opportunity.
Re-Certification for 2017-2018 school year must be completed by:
- Winter Re-Certification Deadline:
- Grades 9-12 - November 3, 2017
- Grades 7-8 - November 13, 2017
- Spring Re-Certification Deadline:
- Grades 9-12 - February 19, 2018
- Grades 7-8 - March 5, 2018
Failure to adhere to this due date may result in missed tryout opportunity.
All re-certification must be done online, for Spring it must be completed after January 1, 2018.
To sign onto Athletic Sports Re-Certification you will need to do the following:
1. Use your students ID number as your username, example 123456.
2. Use your students date of birth as the password, example 01/01/2016 (MM/DD/YYYY)
3. In order to start the process go to the Spring-Ford.net choose Athletics you will see Athletic Sports Re-Certification, the link to re-certification is at the bottom of the page.
** Please be advised that the Athletic Registration/Re-Certification works best with Internet Explorer and does not work will Google Chrome.
If you have any further questions, please contact the athletic office at 610-705-6030.
Eligibility For Athletics & Other Extra-curricular Activities
Interscholastic programs are sponsored in football, baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, wrestling, track, tennis, golf, field hockey, lacrosse and volleyball. Practices are conducted after school hours; games are played afternoons and evenings, dependent upon the sport and the schedule. In addition to sports, a large variety of clubs and activities are open to all students and meet on schedules consistent with the type of activity. Academic eligibility requirements listed below apply to all clubs, activities and sports. Eligibility is determined by P.I.A.A. and Spring-Ford regulations. Certain important rules are:
- One must be an amateur under 19 years of age prior to the day July 1, occurring before the current school term.
- One must be regularly enrolled in a public high school and in regular attendance thereafter.
- Absence for 20 or more days during a semester for reason other than quarantine shall cause ineligibility until he has been in attendance for a period of 45 days following his 20th absence.
- One must never have played on a professional team.
- One cannot participate in an athletic contact sport and be a member of any other similar team the same season.
- One must maintain for the current marking period a passing grade of a minimum of 70%in each of four or more major subjects.
- One must be examined by the school physician each sport season before one commences to train or practice for the sport, and one’s physical condition must be satisfactory.
- Written consent of the athletes’ parent or guardian is required.
- Misconduct, or other evidences of poor school citizenship, may because for ineligibility at the discretion of the coach or principal.
- Students participating on athletic teams must have medical insurance coverage. Students may purchase school insurance at any time or provide proof of coverage through another policy.
- The student activity fee must be paid before the first event or the student may not be able to participate in the athletic event or performance.
- A plaque and an engraved plate will be awarded to each student who meets the school requirements for earning a letter in a sport.
- For each subsequent sport in which requirements are met, an engraved plate shall be presented.
- The final judgment on eligibility for awards will rest with the principal in consultation with the athletic director and coaches.
PAC Event Admission Information
- Boyertown:$5 Adult/$3 Student
- Methacton: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Owen J. Roberts: $5 Adult/$5 Student
- Perkiomen Valley: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Phoenixville: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Pottsgrove: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Pottstown: $5 Adult/$4 Student
- Pope John Paul II: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Spring-Ford: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Upper Perkiomen: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- PAC Championships: $5 Adult/$5 Student
- PAC Track Championships - Friday: $3 Adult/$3 Student
- PAC Track Championships - Saturday: $5 Adult/$5 Student
PAC Code of Conduct
- Show respect for their country by standing attentively when the American flag passes and during the playing and singing of the National Anthem.
- Show respect for the alma maters of both schools.
- By conducting themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times.
- Show respect for the game officials and refrain from interfering with their control of the contest.
- Refrain from vulgarity and indecent gestures.
- Cheer under the organized guidance of the cheerleaders.
- Refrain from using noisemakers and signs at indoor contests.
- Refrain from throwing any objects onto the playing areas.
- Support musical groups for indoor activities. Such groups must be organized, school sponsored and supervised to play only before games and during halftime.
- Radio, tape and C.D. players, except for Walkman with headsets, are prohibited at sporting events.
- Respect and abide by all guidelines and regulations of the home school.
Pioneer Athletic Conference (PAC) Schools reserve the right to eject any spectators whose conduct is detrimental to good sportsmanship. Misbehavior at sporting events may lead to prosecution or school disciplinary action.