8th grade Boys Soccer tryouts begin on Wednesday, September 4th through Friday, September 6th from 3:00 to 5:00 at the 8th grade center. Boys 7th grade Soccer tryouts begin on Monday, September 9th through Wednesday, September 12th from 3:00 to 5:00 at the 8th grade center.
7th Grade Girls Soccer tryouts being on Wednesday, September 4th through Friday, September 6 from 3:00 to 4:45 at the 8th grade center. 8th Grade Girls Soccer tryouts begin on Monday, September 9th through Wednesday, September 11th from 3:00 to 4:45 at the 8th Grade Center.
Wondering if your child's bus is running late? Download the new "Bus Status" app for iOS and Android to receive bus notifications straight to your phone.The Bus Status app displays up to date bus information for schools and school districts. The app sends out push notifications for cancelled, delayed, or early buses, keeping parents and students updated. Select your bus route as a favorite to receive notifications for special announcements and late bus information. See instructions below to use this new app.
Click here to read the 2019-2020 Back-to-School Newsletter with information about:
- New Bus Status App
- New Breakfast Program
- Open House Dates
- And more!
2019-20 Activity Fee forms, can be found on the right under Athletic Forms. We cannot accept Activity Fee's until the student has been placed on the roster. Fee's are not due until 2 weeks after the start of the season. Fall Activity Fee's are due on August 26th for grades 9-12 and September 20th for 7th and 8th grade students.
Start Dates for 7th and 8th grade Fall Sports 2019-20 season
Parents, please be aware that if your son or daughter is going out for a fall sport, the list of starting dates are listed below for each sport. Please plan your vacations accordingly. Athletic Sports Registration MUST be completed at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the sports season or a missed tryout opportunity may occur.
These dates are subject to change.
|SPORTS||START DATE||DUE DATE|
|Cheerleading: Gr 7-8||Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019||Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019|
|Cross Country: Gr 7-8||Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019||Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019|
|Field Hockey: Gr 7-8||Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2019||Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019|
|Football: Gr. 7-8||Monday, Aug. 26. 2019||Monday, Aug 12, 2019|
|Soccer (B & G): Gr. 7-8||Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019||Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019|
|Volley (Girls'): Gr. 7-8||Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019||Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019|
Are you a member of the Spring-Ford Booster Club? Your $25 membership supports the ongoing needs of the booster club, supports the annual Booster Club Scholarship, and funds the annual Senior Athletic Banquet. Click here to join, you can pay online!
New to Spring-Ford, or need a Parent Portal refresh? Click here to visit the Parent Portal 101 webpage. You'll learn about accessing your Parent Portal, signing up for school or athletic notifications, syncing your calendar and more!
2019-2020 Student Athletic Registration
We encourage you to start registration now for any student who plans on participating in a Fall, Winter or Spring sport from grades 7-12 (current 6-11 grade students). Parents must fill out the initial registration. In order to register your student the following must be completed before they can participate in any practice. Due dates for Sports Registration is 2 weeks before the start of the season for high school and middle school. Failure to adhere to this due date may result in missed tryout opportunity.
- Register online for 2019-20 on our web site (using the link below) will be open on Friday, May 24, 2019. Please note registration for the 2018-19 school year may not be used for 2019-20 as you must register each new school year. See the directions below.
- Section 5: Health History – must be printed, completed and returned. Please check to see that the student and parent signed this form.
- Section 6: PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical, must be printed and taken to the doctor when getting physical. PHYSICAL MUST BE ADMINISTERED BY THE DOCTOR ON OR AFTER JUNE 1, 2019 FOR STUDENT-ATHLETE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN SPORTS FOR THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR. Please make sure the doctor dated and signed the physical.
Cost for the physicals done at the school (June of 2019) are $20, you can pay with a check made payable to Dr. Brosius or cash at the time of the physical. Dates and times are listed on the Athletic Home Page, please register online before attending the physical.
The above forms must be turned into Athletic Office for your student’s grade level.
- Students in grades 7 (grade as of August 26, 2019) forms are to be turned into the 7th grade center, Attn: Mr. Seislove
- Students in grade 8 (grade as of August 26, 2019)forms are to be turned into the 8th grade center, Attn. Mr. Harrison
- Students in grades 9 through 12, forms are to be turned into the Athletic Office at the 10-12 Center, Attn: Mrs. Weiss
Questions on registration please contact Mrs. Weiss by email: email@example.com or phone at 610-705-6030. Be sure to leave your students first and last name and grade.
To sign onto Athletic Sports Registration you will need to do the following:
- Use your Skyward Family Access username of the first guardian listed under your students family information. This is the primary user name that will allow you access to gateway registration. The user name is usually in all capital letters, example: Sally Perkiomen would be PERKISAL000. Please keep in mind our system is case sensitive.
- Use your Family Access password. This is either the password you were initially assigned, or whatever you changed it to.
- In order to start the process click here.
RE-CERTIFICATION IS ONLY FOR THE WINTER OR SPRING SEASON (the students 2nd and 3rd sport of the school year).
If you have a student athlete at Spring-Ford, please read below and then use the link below to proceed to the secure re-certification page.
All student athletes Grade 7 through 12 who participated in a Fall or Winter Sport this school year, must RE-CERTIFY buy using the procedure detailed below.
We encourage you to start Re-Certification NOW for any student currently participating in a Fall or Winter Sport and is now Re-Certifying for a Winter or Spring Sport. Parents need to complete the online Re-Certification, using the link below. Re-Certification must be completed 2 weeks before the start of tryouts. Failure to adhere to this due date may result in missed tryout opportunity.
Re-Certification for 2017-2018 school year must be completed by:
- Winter Re-Certification Deadline:
- Grades 9-12 - November 3, 2017
- Grades 7-8 - November 13, 2017
- Spring Re-Certification Deadline:
- Grades 9-12 - February 19, 2018
- Grades 7-8 - March 5, 2018
Failure to adhere to this due date may result in missed tryout opportunity.
All re-certification must be done online, for Spring it must be completed after January 1, 2018.
To sign onto Athletic Sports Re-Certification you will need to do the following:
1. Use your students ID number as your username, example 123456.
2. Use your students date of birth as the password, example 01/01/2016 (MM/DD/YYYY)
3. In order to start the process go to the Spring-Ford.net choose Athletics you will see Athletic Sports Re-Certification, the link to re-certification is at the bottom of the page.
If you have any further questions, please contact the athletic office at 610-705-6030 or email Mrs. Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to leave your students full name, grade and sport.
Eligibility For Athletics & Other Extra-curricular Activities
Interscholastic programs are sponsored in football, baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, wrestling, track, tennis, golf, field hockey, lacrosse and volleyball. Practices are conducted after school hours; games are played afternoons and evenings, dependent upon the sport and the schedule. In addition to sports, a large variety of clubs and activities are open to all students and meet on schedules consistent with the type of activity. Academic eligibility requirements listed below apply to all clubs, activities and sports. Eligibility is determined by P.I.A.A. and Spring-Ford regulations. Certain important rules are:
- One must be an amateur under 19 years of age prior to the day July 1, occurring before the current school term.
- One must be regularly enrolled in a public high school and in regular attendance thereafter.
- Absence for 20 or more days during a semester for reason other than quarantine shall cause ineligibility until he has been in attendance for a period of 45 days following his 20th absence.
- One must never have played on a professional team.
- One cannot participate in an athletic contact sport and be a member of any other similar team the same season.
- One must maintain for the current marking period a passing grade of a minimum of 70%in each of four or more major subjects.
- One must be examined by the school physician each sport season before one commences to train or practice for the sport, and one’s physical condition must be satisfactory.
- Written consent of the athletes’ parent or guardian is required.
- Misconduct, or other evidences of poor school citizenship, may because for ineligibility at the discretion of the coach or principal.
- Students participating on athletic teams must have medical insurance coverage. Students may purchase school insurance at any time or provide proof of coverage through another policy.
- The student activity fee must be paid before the first event or the student may not be able to participate in the athletic event or performance.
- A plaque and an engraved plate will be awarded to each student who meets the school requirements for earning a letter in a sport.
- For each subsequent sport in which requirements are met, an engraved plate shall be presented.
- The final judgment on eligibility for awards will rest with the principal in consultation with the athletic director and coaches.
PAC Event Admission Information
- Boyertown:$5 Adult/$3 Student
- Methacton: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Owen J. Roberts: $5 Adult/$5 Student
- Perkiomen Valley: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Phoenixville: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Pottsgrove: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Pottstown: $5 Adult/$4 Student
- Pope John Paul II: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Spring-Ford: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- Upper Perkiomen: $5 Adult/$3 Student
- PAC Championships: $5 Adult/$5 Student
- PAC Track Championships - Friday: $3 Adult/$3 Student
- PAC Track Championships - Saturday: $5 Adult/$5 Student
PAC Code of Conduct
- Show respect for their country by standing attentively when the American flag passes and during the playing and singing of the National Anthem.
- Show respect for the alma maters of both schools.
- By conducting themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times.
- Show respect for the game officials and refrain from interfering with their control of the contest.
- Refrain from vulgarity and indecent gestures.
- Cheer under the organized guidance of the cheerleaders.
- Refrain from using noisemakers and signs at indoor contests.
- Refrain from throwing any objects onto the playing areas.
- Support musical groups for indoor activities. Such groups must be organized, school sponsored and supervised to play only before games and during halftime.
- Radio, tape and C.D. players, except for Walkman with headsets, are prohibited at sporting events.
- Respect and abide by all guidelines and regulations of the home school.
Pioneer Athletic Conference (PAC) Schools reserve the right to eject any spectators whose conduct is detrimental to good sportsmanship. Misbehavior at sporting events may lead to prosecution or school disciplinary action.