Weekly Update with Mr. Rizzo
This week, Mr. Rizzo invites the community to an upcoming SEPAC meeting and introduces us to Brenna to learn about her, how she supports her friends, and the changes she'd like to see in her school community. Click here to watch.
Meet the Instrument Night
Students entering 4th grade for the coming 2022-2023 school can sign-up and learn a Band or Orchestra instrument! On Thursday, June 2 the Music Department is holding a Meet the Instrument Night at the 7th Grade Center. All current COVID-precautions will be in place and pre-registration is required. Students will get to try out three instruments of their choice.
- Students must sign up for this event in advance. Click here to register for Meet the Instrument Night.
- Can’t make June 2? Click here to learn more about the instruments offered at Spring-Ford.
- Ready to join the Music Program for the 2022-2023 school year?! Click here!
Kindergarten Registration - Welcome to the Class of 2035
CLASS OF 2035... Kindergarten registration will open on March 1, 2022, but you can schedule your appointment now! Children living in the Spring-Ford Area School District who will be five years old by August 31, 2022 are eligible to attend Kindergarten next school year. Click here to learn more.
Message from Spring-Ford SNAP
SNAP would like to extend a huge thank you to the Spring-Ford faculty, staff, and School Board members for supporting SNAP and helping make the event a success.
Thank you to all the community members who donated candy and glow in the dark items and to those who attended the Community Walk Thru.
To the volunteers that helped at the event, thank you as well. SNAP appreciates you taking the time out of your schedule to chaperone and help to keep our students safe.
To the SNAP Committee, THANK YOU for your time, energy and continued involvement in preparing for this event. It takes a village!!!!
COVID Dashboard Update
SFASD will discontinue updating the COVID Dashboard over the summer. The last update will be June 13, 2022. As well, the Reopening page on the Spring-Ford website will be updated and relocated over the summer.
SEPAC Parent Event
Join SEPAC – Special Education Parents Advisory Committee Meeting - on Thursday, May 26th 7 p.m. for two engaging speakers:
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL): Mike Fogel, MA, ATR-BC, LPC,is the founder of Camp Pegasus; he is a caring, innovative therapist and program developer. He will be speaking with our SF SEPAC and discussing the impact that the past 2 years have had on our children and their family's social and emotional well-being. He will be giving strategies on how to improve SEL for not only our kids but for parents and families as well!
- Language Arts Curriculum at Spring-Ford: Amy Hiller - One of our special education supervisors, Amy Hiller, will be presenting to parents the Language Arts curriculum here in Spring-Ford. Particularly, she will be covering various supplemental reading materials/programs used with our students who demonstrate significant need in English Language Arts.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and register.
May is AAPI Month
May is Asian/Pacific American (AAPI) Heritage Month! Families can celebrate the history and culture of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have contributed to America’s diversity and success with resources from the Parents article "How to Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month with Kids."
Spring-Ford Booster Club Shop
Shopping for the mom, dad, or grad who already has everything? Check out the Spring-Ford Booster Club store for some unique gifts, sure to please the person who already has - almost - everything!
Mark Your Calendar: Upcoming Board Meeting Dates
All Work Session Meetings and Board Meetings will be held in the Spring-Ford Area High School Cafeteria on the third and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m., unless designated otherwise. Committee Meetings are held in the District Office Conference Room.
Board Meeting, May 23, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
Don’t miss a meeting! Click on the gray RSS Feed button or Orange Bell to subscribe to the School Board Calendar.
Class of 1972 Reception
Spring-Ford Area High School invites the Class of 1972 to join their classmates on June 8, 2022 to celebrate their 50th High School Graduation. Before the graduation ceremony, we will hold a gathering for the 1972 Alumni and a guest.
- 5:30 p.m. - Class of 1972 Alumni will gather in the 9th Grade Media Center for an Alumni Reception.
- 7 p.m. - After the reception, those interested will move to the Commencement Ceremony in Coach McNelly Stadium
Please RSVP no later than Tuesday, May 31, 2022 to indicate your intentions so that we may make your visit enjoyable. We will be delighted to have you attend one or both events! Click here to share the RSVP with your Class of 1972 friends or family.
Spring-Ford is Hiring!
Are you ready to join the Spring-Ford family? The Office of Human Resources is pleased to accept employment applications for all positions electronically. Click below to access the system and review current openings. Spring-Ford Area School District is currently hiring:
- School Police Officer
- Accounting Specialist
- Secretary - Senior High School
- Systems Technician
- Instructional Assistants
- School Psychologists
- 6th Grade Math/Science Teacher
- Health/Physical Education Teacher
Your child’s yearly growth screening information (BMI) is now available on Skyward Family Access. To view your child’s information, please select your child’s name, click on the tab “Health Info”, Click on “Display Options” and choose “Show Physical Exams.” If you have any questions regarding this information please contact your building nurse.
Save the Date: 2022 Graduation
The Spring-Ford Area School District Graduation Commencement to be set for the evening of Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 7 p.m. in Coach McNelly Stadium. In the event of bad weather, Thursday June 9th and Friday June 10th will serve as rain dates.