The 2020 Census is Coming!
The census is a count of every person who lives in the United States and its territories and happens every 10 years. In early 2020, every household in America will receive a notice to complete the census online, by phone, or by mail. Responding to the 2020 Census is a chance to shape your future:
- Your responses inform where over $675 billion is distributed each year to communities nationwide for clinics, schools, roads, and more.
- Census data gives community leaders vital information to make decisions about building community centers, opening businesses, and planning for the future.
- Respond to the 2020 Census and inform funding for educational programs that benefit our children, like after-school activities, school meal programs, and Head Start. It’s more than just a count, it’s an opportunity to shape the next generation.
- Your responses are used to redraw legislative districts and determine the number of seats your state has in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- You will be asked a few simple questions, like age, sex, and the number of people who live in your home, including children.
- The census will never ask for Social Security numbers, bank or credit card numbers, money or donations, or anything related to political parties.
Click here to learn more about the 2020 Census.
Great Kindness Challenge (GKC)
Join the Great Kindness Challenge! The Great Kindness Challenge empowers students to create a culture of kindness, but families can participate as well! Visit The GreatKindnessChallenge.com and click on the “Family Edition” for your family kindness checklist.
Watch the ClassH Room Online!
On January 14, 2020 Spring-Ford Area High School students went head-to-head with their teachers on Fox 29's The ClassH-Room! Who won? The Spring-Ford Area High School Teachers, congratulations to Maggie Giannetto, Jeremy Iannelli, Neil Rutter and Paul Moser (alternate)! The teacher team won $500, which will be donated back to the school.
Student Team: Grace Butler (grade 9), Liz Power (grade 11), Maclen Lewis (grade 12) and alternate Alex Teufel (grade 10).
The ClassH-Room is a trivia-based game show for teachers and students (grades 7-12). Each episode of The ClassH-Room features students and teachers from the same school competing against each other.
Click here to watch Spring-Ford’s episode on YouTube.
Spring-Ford SNAP Comedy Night
Laugh for a good cause! Spring-Ford SNAP is hosting a comedy fundraiser on Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 8 p.m.
WHEN: Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 8-9:30 p.m.
WHERE: Soul Joel’s comedy Club and Lounge, 155 Railroad Plaza, Royersford, PA 19462
COST: Tickets are only $20, and $10 from each ticket will be donated to SNAP!
DETAILS: Headlined by Richie Byrne (Seen on Comedy Central, HBO and Warm Up Comedian for The Dr. Oz Show) and Missy G Hall (Burbank and San Diego Comedy Festival, Heard on Pandora Radio), hosted by Joel Richardson. This venue is BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage) and BYOF (Bring Your Own Food). Door opens at 7 p.m., show starts at 8 p.m.
TICKETS: Click here to purchase your tickets online.
SF Bowling Fundraiser
Come out to Limerick Bowling on Sunday February 16, 2020 from 12-2 p.m. to support the Spring-Ford Ram’s Bowling Team. You can rent a lane for $60 (up to 6 people) or come out as an individual for $15 per person. This includes unlimited bowling and shoe rental. The team will have a 50/50 and raffle prizes. Pizza specials along with a full menu/beverages will be available for you to purchase. Please click on the link below if you choose to sign up for a lane. If you decide to rent an entire lane please choose 4 bowlers for $60 but understand that you can have up to 6 people per lane. Last year this event SOLD OUT so, so sign up fast!
WHEN: Sunday, February 16, 2020 from 12-2 p.m.
WHERE: Limerick Bowling
SIGN UP: Click here to reserve your lane.