Weekly Update: Skylert Notification Follow Up, Free and Reduced Lunch Application, and More!
Skylert Notification System Test Follow Up
Earlier today, the Spring-Ford Area School District conducted a test of the Skylert Notification System. The test included a phone call and possible text message, as well as this email, to all current contact information as listed your First Day Verification information.
If you would like to update your contact information, please log into Skyward to complete your First Day Verification, where you will be able to update your Skylert information (Step 3).
In addition, please review these tips to make your Skylert system experience more effective:
- Update your home, cell and work phone numbers as necessary.
- Please note that work phone numbers that include an extension cannot be contacted. A message will be left on a general receptionist line at your place of business.
- When Spring-Ford distributes a Skylert system message, look at caller ID for a Spring-Ford school building phone number on the display (610-705-6000)
- Like most automated calling systems, there will be a pause after you pickup the phone before the message is delivered. During that time, the system is assessing whether it has reached a live voice or answering machine and it is assessing the quality of the connection.
- You can press * at the end of the message to listen to the message again
- Not all messages delivered via the Skylert system are weather-related or emergency calls. Reminders about attendance and food service balances may also be distributed to your home phone from time to time.
Submit Your Free and Reduced Application Today!
The National Free and Reduced School Lunch Program is a federally assisted meal program operating in public and nonprofit private schools. It provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to children each school day. About 7.1 million children participated in the program in its first year in 1946. Since then, the program has reached millions of children nationwide to 30.4 million children today.
How can children qualify for free or reduced price school lunch?
- Children may be determined eligible for meals through participation in certain Federal Assistance Programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or based on their status as a homeless, migrant, runaway, or foster child.
- Children enrolled in a federally-funded Head Start Program, or a comparable State-funded pre-kindergarten program, are also categorically eligible for free meals.
- Children can also qualify for free or reduced price school meals based on household income and family size. Children from families with incomes at or below 130% of the Federal poverty level are eligible for free meals. Those with incomes between 130% and 185% of the Federal poverty level are eligible for reduced price meals. Schools may not charge children more than 40 cents for a reduced price lunch.
REMINDER: First Day Verification is OPEN!
Please note, teacher information, homerooms and schedules will not be available until your First Day Verification is complete.
If you do not already have a Skyward password, or if you do not have access to a computer, please contact your child’s school office for assistance.
2019-2020 Schedule/Homeroom Release Dates:
- K-4: August 14, 2019 at 3 p.m.
- 5th-8th: August 15, 2019 at 3 p.m.
- 9th-12th: August 16, 2019 at 3 p.m.
Back to Spring-Ford Night
Parents of all students, of all ages, are invited to attend the 4th Back to Spring-Ford Parent Night!
You are invited to join us on August 7, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the 9th Grade Center, for Back-to-Spring-Ford Parent Night! Parents can meet their H&S or PTO/PTA representative, learn about volunteer opportunities, gather important Back-to-School information, enter to win prizes, complete your Volunteer Clearances, learn about athletic registration, meet with the Spring-Ford Curriculum and Instruction team, and much more!
BONUS: The first 150 people to arrive will receive a goodie bag from Wegmans filled with coupons from local businesses like Learning Express of Collegeville, Goldfish Swim School, Clean Juice of Collegeville, Staples, Arnolds Family Fun Center, Lindt Chocolate, and more!
Save the Date: Back-to-School and Open House Dates
Back-to-School and Open House nights are an important ritual marking the beginning of the new school year. Please visit your schools webpage for BTS Night times and additional informaiton.
- Limerick ES: August 27, 2019
- Upper Providence ES: August 27, 2019
- 8th Grade Center: August 28, 2019
- 7th Grade Center: September 3, 2019
- Spring City ES: September 4, 2019
- Brooke ES: September 5, 2019
- Evans ES: September 5, 2019
- Oaks ES: September 5, 2019
- Royersford ES: September 5, 2019
- 5th Grade: September 9, 2019
- 6th Grade: September 10, 2019
- 9th Grade: September 11, 2019
- 10-12 Grade: September 17, 2019
- Weekly Update