Good afternoon Spring-Ford,
We continue to monitor the escaped fugitive situation and remain in contact with law enforcement. I’d like to provide the following updates as we move through the week:
After School Activities
After-school activities, including practice and games, will be postponed or moved indoors. Please see additional detailed information below.
Preparing for a Flexible Instruction Day (FID)
At this time, there is no indication that we will need to close this week. Though, as we’ve seen over the past few days, the situation is fluid and can change swiftly overnight. Students in grades K-4 will bring devices home after school. This is not standard daily practice, and will be new for students. Students in grades 5-12 regularly bring devices home. Should we need to close, we will follow a FID virtual schedule. I encourage you to click here to review our FID information including expectations and sample virtual schedules.
Additional Police Presence
Students should expect to see Spring-Ford Police Officers and local police departments before and after school, as well as in the school throughout the day. Our local police departments regularly work with SFPD to monitors schools and will be increasing visits this week.
Residents are reminded to keep doors and windows locked, and report any suspicious activity or information to the PA State Police Tip Line at 717-562-2987.
Practices will be as follows:
- High School Football – 2:30 – 4:30 in 10-12 main gym
- Girls soccer – JV – practice Cancelled – Varsity warm up in fitness center 2:45 – 3:15, film in hurda 3:15 – 4, walk through in 10-12 aux 4 – 4:30
- Tennis – Match off and no practice
- Boys Soccer – practice from 5-7, look for team snap from Coach Sharpe for location or update
- Field Hockey – JV – no practice, Varsity look for message from Coach Anderson for film session after school
- Volleyball – Practice starting at 4:45 – look for message from Coach Fuller
- Cross Country – Practice cancelled. Look for message from Coach Rechtin about meet tomorrow.
- Cheer - V/JV practice is ON in 10-12 cafeteria
- 9th Football – practice in 9th main gym after school from 2:45 – 4:45
- Volleyball – On as scheduled
- Cross Country – Cancelled
- Field Hockey – Cancelled
- Boys and Girls Soccer – Cancelled (tryouts pushed for an additional day)
- 7/8 Football – Cancelled (8th grade scrimmage attempting to be made up tomorrow or Thursday)
- Cheer – ON as scheduled