Celebrate Spring-Ford's XL Teacher Appreciation Week
Teacher Appreciation Day is typically recognized the first Tuesday of the month and usually falls in line with Teacher Appreciation Week. Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week of the month. This year, NEA and PTO Today pushed the week-long celebration to May 8-12, as the week prior isn’t an actual full week. Join Spring-Ford online in celebrating our teachers for an extra large Teacher Appreciation Week celebration from May 1-12. Check Spring-Ford's Facebook and Instagram accounts for teacher highlights, a special Teacher Appreciation video on May 2nd, and a message to our School Nurses on May 10th.
On-Demand Tutoring Options
On-Demand tutoring is now available to all Spring-Ford students! When logged in to their Canvas page, Students can click on the “On Demand Tutoring” link on the left menus in any Canvas course. On-demand options include:
- Brainfuse On-Demand Tutoring:
- Live 1:1 tutoring now available without the need to schedule for Math, English (Reading & Writing), Science and Social Studies
- The Brainfuse On-Demand platform is accessible 24/7. For live tutoring sessions, you can find up-to-date access hours for tutors by checking the ‘Tutoring Schedule’ icon after selecting your grade level and subject within the Live Help area.
- Please note that there may be a small wait for tutors at this time as Brainfuse still works to complete the PA Clearances for more tutors. We expect this wait time to improve over time as we add more tutors!
- Unlimited Access!
Also available under the “On-Demand” Link:
- Online Writing Lab: Students can submit an essay and receive feedback within 24 hours of submission. Writing specialists will return the paper along with a detailed analysis and customized analytic rubric.
- LEAP: Online assessments and practice tests. A learning plan based on a completed diagnostic assessment (includes videos tutorials, written content and practice questions). SAT practice tests and tutorials are also available!!!
- Language Lab: Support for students who are learning world languages.
- Flashbulb Flashcards: Students can create flashcards and games for self-study. Library of online flashcards for most subjects.
Live From the Red Carpet Prom Show
Just like the Oscars, Emmys, or People’s Choice, Ram Country TV will be Live from the Red Carpet at the Senior Prom on May 13th! Hosts Kelly German and John Brennan will all the important questions: how'd you get here, where'd you get your dress, what are you most looking forward to, and so much more! New this year, Man on the Street Bill Culp will catch prom-goers on their way in.
Mrs. German shopped the Spring-Ford SNAP Prom Dress Boutique for her show attire, and Mr. Brennan will be decked out in a tux from the Red Carpet Show Sponsor, Sagets Formal Wear. Live From the Red Carpet will air on RCTV’s YouTube channel starting at 5:50 p.m.
Spring-Ford Art Fest
Artwork from hundreds of Spring-Ford Area School District students will be on display during the Spring-Ford Art Fest at SFAHS. Students in grades 7-12 have the honor to publicly display their work to the community during this annual event. This family-friendly event is FREE and open to the public.
WHEN: Friday, April 28. 5:30-8 p.m.; Saturday, April 29, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
WHERE: Spring-Ford Area High School, 350 South Lewis Road
Click here for a preview.
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Classroom Grants
Seven Spring-Ford teachers were surprised with a Spring-Ford Educational Foundation classroom grant! The purpose of the Spring-Ford Educational Foundation is to secure resources from individuals, corporations, and community organizations to support programs for the benefit of the students and residents in the Spring-Ford Area School District.
Funds raised through the Educational Foundation have supported projects like annual scholarships to graduating Spring-Ford seniors, the Decision Day, Impact Awards, and classroom grants. You can support the Spring-Ford Educational Foundation and grants like these by making a donation to the Spring-Ford Educational Foundation.
Congratulations to the following teachers:
- Dan Leppold and Jacqueline Perry, SFAHS - Hydrogen Space Balloon Project
- Jacob Marushak, 9th Grade Center - Technology Education Laser Engraver
- Treasure Maack, Oaks Elementary - Cardio Drumming Movement and Music
- Sarah Pinard, 8th Grade Center - Book Wish List Project
- April Reitnauer, Evans Elementary - Front-Facing Book Displays
- Lynne Webb, 8th Grade Center - Booklet Plus Group Plan
- Gabrielle Procario, SFAHS - LED Robot Kit
SFASD Family Bowl Night
Your 7-8 Home & School friends have extended an invitation to join them on May 3rd for a Spring-Ford Family Bowl Night! Sign up today for two hours of bowling with shoes, arcade card, snacks, and drinks at Limerick Bowl on May 3rd from 6-8 p.m.
Organize a team of six or let the 7-8 HSA match you to a lane. Click here to learn more.
Curriculum Preview Night: Amplify K-5 ELA
Join the Spring-Ford Curriculum Team on May 30th to view the new ELA curriculum resources, Amplify, and speak with the Elementary Curriculum Supervisor. This event is intended for parents of students in grades Kindergarten through 5.
When: May 30 from 6:30-8 p.m. This will be open house style for K-5 parents to come and go anytime during that time frame.
Where: District Office Conference Room; 857 South Lewis Road, Royersford
Meet the Instrument Night
Students entering 4th grade for the coming 2023-2024 school can sign-up and learn a Band or Orchestra instrument! On Thursday, June 1st (date correction) the Music Department is holding a Meet the Instrument Night at the 7th Grade Center from 5-6:16 p.m. or 6:30-7:45 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Students will get to try out three instruments of their choice. Click here to register.
LES Yard Sale - Saturday, April 29th
Spring cleaning and have items you’d like to sell? Reserve a space at Limerick Elementary School's first ever Yard Sale! It will be held Saturday, April 29th from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., sellers must be set up by 6:45 a.m. (Rain date is May 6th). Spaces are limited and only $15 each. See more details and sign up here. Questions? Email LESFundraising1@gmail.com.
Dine Out at the Railroad - April 30th
Take a break from cooking and grab lunch or dinner from Railroad on Sunday, April 30th. Print and present this flyer and a portion of your food total will be donated back to Limerick Elementary School! Valid for dine in only.
Skyward Password Update
Approximately 9 p.m. on April 27, 2023, a Skyward security enhancement will be enabled requiring parent/guardian Skyward passwords to be at least 8 characters in length. Upon their next login, parent/guardian users whose password meets this requirement will be prompted to enter their password twice. Parent/guardian users whose password does not meet the minimum length will be prompted to create a new password. Please note that passwords are case sensitive, and previous passwords cannot be used. Users having difficulty logging into Skyward should contact their child’s school office.
Updates from Spring-Ford SNAP
- Post prom is right around the corner! If you can volunteer at the event please complete your clearances. Click here to register to volunteer.
- SNAP is collecting donations of any kind of individually wrapped candy and any type of glow in the dark items. Collection boxes are located in the 12th grade office and in vestibule of the main entrance. Collection boxes are located in the 12th grade office and in vestibule of the main entrance and in the community at Java’s Brewin, Scoupe diVille and Lakeview Cafe.
- We also have an Amazon Wish List if you would like to donate that way! Click here for the Amazon Wish List link.
- Need prom attire?? There are still a couple more PROM Boutique dates! Our next dates are:
- April 27, 5:30-8:30 pm
- April 29, 9:00 am-1:00pm
- May 4, 5:30-8:30pm
- PROM YOUR WAY-Cash for schools: Men’s Warehouse has partnered with Jos A. Banks for giving back to the community when students rent or purchase formal ware for Prom. SNAP will receive a portion for each sale and SNAP will put the money towards Post Prom. You don’t have to do anything- the store will ask you what school prom you are attending!!! Help SNAP and shop at either of these two stores.
If you have any questions or would like more information on SNAP please contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Water Testing Information
In 2019 Spring-Ford tested for lead in water at drinking outlets and sinks used for water consumption. This testing was based on changes in PA School Code focusing on water quality in Pennsylvania schools. When we developed the lead in water testing plan, we adopted a 3-year testing cycle. Testing was supposed to reoccur in 2022 but due to COVID protocols that had drinking outlets taken out of service, so we deferred to 2023.
Again, there is no evidence of water quality issues in any school or building and this is our proactive approach to assure water quality in our schools. Below are the sampling dates for all buildings and results will be shared on the district website when available.
SEPAC Executive Functioning Recording
Did you miss SEPAC's presentation on ADHD and Executive Functioning? Don't worry! You can click here to watch the full presentation. If you follow the SF SEPAC you know that they had a speaker earlier this year who gave a great overview and insight into the world of Executive Functioning. This presentation will took a deeper dive into some of the areas that Executive Functioning and ADHD can impact, namely Social Emotional Learning.