Schedule Release Dates
When will I find out my child’s schedule for the 2022-2023 school year? You may log on to your Skyward account to check your students schedule, homeroom and transportation information during the following time(s) - 2022-2023 Schedule/Homeroom Release Dates:
- K-4: August 16, 2022 at 3 p.m.
- 5-8: August 17, 2022 at 3 p.m.
- 9-12: August 18, 2022 at 3 p.m.
Morning or afternoon kindergarten assignments were sent on August 3, 2022. Please contact your child's school if you did not receive morning or afternoon assignment information.
First Day Verification Reminder
Whether this is your first year as a Spring-Ford parent, or your last, the transition to a new school year can be a bit overwhelming. To help with this process, the Spring-Ford Area School District will utilize online First Day Verification (FDV) for the 2022-2023 school year. First Day Verification opened on Skyward on August 1, 2022. If FDV is not complete, student schedules and/or teacher assignments will not be accessible in Skyward.
2022-2023 BACK-TO-SCHOOL TIMELINE
- August 15: Regularly scheduled School Board Meeting
- August 16: K-4 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 17: 5-8 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 18: 9-12 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 18: 5/6/7 Grade Center Self Guided Tours, 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
- August 18: 8GC Self-Guided Building Tour; 9am - 2pm and 4pm - 6pm
- August 19: 8GC Self-Guided Building Tour; 9am - 2pm
- August 19: SFAHS Self-Guided Tour; 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- August 22: 8GC Self-Guided Building Tour; 9am - 3pm
- August 22: Regularly scheduled School Board Meeting
- August 22: 9-12 Grade Self Guided Tours, 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- August 25: Elementary Self Guided Tours, Various Times
- August 28: Enjoy your last day of summer, we’ll see you tomorrow!
- August 29: Welcome Back to the First Day of School! Send your First Day of School pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the SFASD Facebook album.
Elementary Back to School Nights
- Brooke ES - September 7, 2022
- Evans ES - September 7, 2022
- Limerick ES - August 30, 2022
- Oaks ES - September 7, 2022
- Royersford ES - September 7, 2022
- Spring City ES - September 7, 2022
- Upper Providence ES - August 30, 2022
- 5th Grade - September 8, 2022
- 6th Grade - September 12, 2022
Secondary Back to School Nights
- 7th Grade - September 1, 2022
- 8th Grade - August 31, 2022
- 9th Grade - September 13, 2022
- 10-12 Grade - September 20, 2022
4th Grade Band and String Lesson Registration
All students entering 4th Grade for the Fall of 2022 can register for Band and String Lessons by clicking here. Once you have registered for lessons, please click here to obtain an Instrument Rental and purchase your Music Book
2022-2023 Tech Fee (Grades 6-12)
Parents should log in to SchoolPay, Spring-Ford’s online payment system, which will be used to collect a $25 annual technology fee. Please note that students cannot take possession of their laptops until the annual technology fee of $25 has been paid.
- Click here to learn more about setting up your SchoolPay account (new users).
- Click here to log into SchooPay.
Join the Spring-Ford Team!
Are you ready to join the Spring-Ford family? The Office of Human Resources is pleased to accept employment applications for all positions electronically. Click here to learn more, apply online, or share with a friend.
Interested in part-time or flexible hours? Check out current openings from our partner providers:
- Part-Time Food Service - Aramark
- Full-Time Lead Cook - Aramark
- Guest Teachers - STS, Inc.
- Bus Drivers - Custer's Garage
ELD Welcome Back Night
Spring-Ford Area School District welcomes students from linguistically and culturally diverse backgrounds, believing they enrich the school community. To help with the transition into a new school year, Spring-Ford's ELD (English Language Development) students in grades K-12 and their families are invited to attend the ELD Welcome Back Night on Wednesday, August 17 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Brooke Elementary School. Staff will be available to assist families with First Day Verification, learning Skyward, and answer questions. Click here to learn more.
Get Ready to Volunteer in 2022-2023
The Office of Human Resources has begun accepting Volunteer applications for the 2022-2023 school year. The volunteer process will be automated through Raptor’s Volunteer Management. Please visit the Spring-Ford Volunteer Page for more information on volunteering!
For parents and students interested, we have some fun ideas to help your students avoid the summer slide.
- Students entering 7th & 8th grades are required to self-select a text and need to be prepared to complete an assignment at the start of the school year. View these slides for some ideas.
- Students entering 9th-12th grades may have mandatory or suggested summer assignments, please check out the link on our High School page for summer assignments.
Registration for the 2022-23 school year is now open. Please keep in mind if your child will be participating in sports for the 2022-23 school year, the student must pass a PIAA physical exam. Physicals must be administered by a doctor June 1, 2022 or after and they cannot tryout for a sport unless the online registration and physical is complete at least 2 weeks before tryouts begin. Online registration includes a CIPPE Physical (PIAA section 7), this will be uploaded to your online registration. Click here to learn more.
2022-2023 Food Service Prices
The federal government has not extended waivers that allowed all children to receive free school meal, meaning SFASD will return to pre-pandemic practices in the 2022-2023 school year. This year, families who qualify are encouraged to participate in the Free or Reduced Priced Meals program to help offset the cost of daily breakfast and/or lunch. It’s easy to find out, easy to apply, and risk free. Meal prices for the 2022-2023 school year will be:
- Grades K-4 Breakfast: $1.60
- Grades 5-12 Breakfast: $1.85
- Grades 1-4 Lunch: $3.05
- Grades 5-12 Lunch: $3.25
- Reduced Price Breakfast (K-12): $0.30
- Reduced Price Lunch (1-12): $0.40
Mark Your Calendar: Upcoming Board Meeting Dates
All Work Session Meetings and Board Meetings will be held in the Spring-Ford Area High School Cafeteria on the third and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m., unless designated otherwise. Committee Meetings are held in the District Office Conference Room.
- Board Meeting, August 15, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
- Special Board Meeting, August 22, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
Don’t miss a meeting! Click on the gray RSS Feed button or Orange Bell to subscribe to the School Board Meeting Calendar.
Free or Reduced Meal Program - Apply Today
Families who qualify are encouraged to participate in the Free or Reduced Priced Meals program to help offset the cost of daily breakfast and/or lunch. Be sure to apply for the financial support that your family may be eligible to receive.