Welcome to Spring-Ford!
Earlier this week we welcomed new teachers at New Teacher Induction. This group of inspiring individuals has us looking forward to this new school year. Welcome to Spring-Ford!
Don't worry, the Back-to-School countdown clock isn't running quite yet!
Device Insurance Fee
Families with students in grades 5-12 are asked to pay a Device Insurance Fee annually for their school issued devices. Families who pay the annual $25 Device Insurance Fee will be covered for all necessary repairs unless it has been deemed by the technology department that damages were caused intentionally or by extreme negligence.
Families who do not pay the annual $25 Device Insurance Fee will be required to pay for any repairs that are deemed necessary. This list also indicates the most common repairs and is not meant to be an all inclusive list. Repairs that do not appear on this document will require a quote from the vendor.
All repairs must be completed through the district vendors. Students are not permitted to perform their own repairs or obtain repairs on their own from non-district vendors. Click here to learn more.
Log into SchoolPay.com to pay the Device Insurance Fee before October 15, 2023.
SFASD Classroom Wish List
Everyone online is talking about clearing the wish list, from celebrities to influencers, and we're ready to jump on the bandwagon! Spring-Ford teachers are thinking about classroom setup for the 2023-2024 school year, and this typically means stocking up on classroom supplies. Click here to access Spring-Ford's Classroom Wish List. Be sure to share with friends who may want to brighten a teacher's day with a surprise package from Amazon.
- STEP 1: Click on one of the many SFASD Classroom Wish Lists
- STEP 2: Select as many items as you'd like! Clear an entire list, or pick one item from a teacher you know. The options are limitless!
- STEP 3: Proceed to check out.
- STEP 4: Possibly the most critical step, select the recipient's Gift Registry Address. Otherwise, the Wish List items will ship to you.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
2023-2024 Back-to-School Timeline
- August 1: First Day Verification Opened!
- August 15: K-4 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 16: 5-8 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 17: 9-12 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 17: 5/6 Grade Self-Guided Building Tour; 8am - 11am and 1pm - 4pm. Bring a copy of your student’s schedule to the self-guided building tour. Building maps and other forms will be available.
- August 17: 7GC and 8GC Self-Guided Building Tour; 8am - 11am and 1pm - 4pm. Bring a copy of your student’s schedule to the self-guided building tour. Building maps and other forms will be available.
- August 18: 9-12 Grade Self Guided Tours, 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Bring a copy of your student’s schedule to the self-guided building tour. Building maps and other forms will be available.
- August 21: 5/6 Grade Self-Guided Building Tour; 8am - 11am and 1pm - 6pm. Bring a copy of your student’s schedule to the self-guided building tour. Building maps and other forms will be available.
- August 21: 7GC and 8GC Self-Guided Building Tour; 8am - 11am and 1pm - 6pm. Bring a copy of your student’s schedule to the self-guided building tour. Building maps and other forms will be available.
- August 21: 9-12 Grade Self Guided Tours, 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Bring a copy of your student’s schedule to the self-guided building tour. Building maps and other forms will be available.
- August 21: Regularly scheduled School Board Meeting
- August 24: Elementary Self Guided Tours, see school webpages for times.
- August 27: Enjoy your last day of summer, we’ll see you tomorrow!
- August 28: Welcome Back to the First Day of School!
Back-to-School Shopping Lists
Students in grades K-8 can check out Student Supply List posted on your school's homepage. Students in grades 9-12 should bring a backpack, note pad and pens/pencils to the first day of school. Students will receive a list for specific classes, if needed.
Please keep in mind that additional items may be requested by your child’s individual teacher, depending on their grade level or class.
Back-to-School Shopping Tips
- Know your stores: Chain retailers may provide shopping lists for all area districts, please keep in mind these retailers do NOT consult with school districts when creating these lists. Not all items are required for the start of school.
- Stick to the list: Extra supplies are fun but won't get used and leave your pockets empty. Stick to the supply list, or check with your teacher before going extra.
- Head to the dollar store for basic supplies: Check for great deals on pens and loose-leaf paper. But don't skimp on the #2 pencil, your teacher loves a Ticonderoga Pencil!
- Host a back-to-school swap: Round up a couple of families and host an annual BTS swap. Trade toys and books, too! You'll save a bundle.
- Take inventory: Sort through last year’s supplies to see what is left over or can be reused.
Welcome Mr. Bowers
Welcome to Spring-Ford, Mr. Bowers! Mr. Bowers recently joined the Spring-Ford Area High School team as the 9th Grade House Principal.
I am Jason Bowers and I am thrilled to be joining the Spring-Ford community as the House Principal for the class of 2027! This school year marks my 16th year in public education and my first year as a Ram! Previously, I held the positions of interim assistant principal, coordinator of school climate and character education, technology instructional coach, and 7-12 social studies teacher. I have also coached various sports at different levels including football, baseball, and boy’s and girl’s basketball. These many experiences have helped shape my personal and professional beliefs and I look forward to bringing my background to Spring-Ford, in order to support and enhance the amazing efforts of our students and staff.
My wife, Andrea, is an ELD instructional coach for the North Penn School District. Together, we have twin boys, Anthony and Jameson, that just turned nine and will be entering third grade. Our boys love playing baseball and most of our free time is spent at the ballfield. If we are able to get away, Ocean City, NJ is our favorite place to be.
I am excited to be joining this strong community that is dedicated to the growth and success of both its students and staff alike. Enjoy what is left of summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the coming weeks!
Free Breakfast in 2023-2024
The Pennsylvania Department of Education announced the universal free school breakfast program will continue for the 2023-2024 school year! All students will be eligible for a free breakfast at school. Spring-Ford offers a variety of breakfast items daily including fruits, sugar free juice selection, cereal, and daily menu items like french toast sticks, waffles with syrup, egg and cheese sandwiches, and more.
Free Meal Program - Apply Today
Families who qualify are encouraged to participate in the Free Meal Program to help offset the cost of daily lunch. It’s easy to find out, easy to apply, and risk free. Income eligibility guidelines are available online and are based on your household size and income level. Be sure to apply for the financial support that your family may be eligible to receive.
- Click here to learn if your family qualifies for free meals.
- Click here to apply online.
- Click here for an English PDF/printed packed with additional information.
- Click here for a Spanish PDF/printed packed with additional information.
4th Grade Band and String Lesson Registration
All students entering 4th Grade for the Fall of 2023 can register for Band and String Lessons by clicking here.
Once you have registered for lessons, please follow this link to obtain an Instrument Rental and purchase your Music Book: https://www.zeswitzmusic.com/