In this week’s Weekly Update, you will find: Gearing Up for Back-to-School Timeline; Gearing Up for Back-to-School Checklist; a link to the BTS webpage; a Food Service Update; a Technology Update
Good evening Spring-Ford Families,
As you can imagine, back to school planning will look drastically different this year. Going back to school this fall will require schools and families to work together even more than ever. Over the next twelve days, you will receive updates from the district level, from your school principal, and from your teacher(s). Some parents might feel overwhelmed by the amount of information coming their way, and at the same time, others might feel as though it is not enough. We understand that preparation for the new school year may not be easy, and we will continue to use your feedback to make this process more manageable. In this week’s Weekly Update, you will find:
- Gearing Up for Back-to-School Timeline
- Gearing Up for Back-to-School Checklist
- A link to the BTS webpage
- A Food Service Update
- A Technology Update
Together or apart, we are Spring-Ford Proud!
Director of Communications, Marketing, and Media
Gearing Up for Back-to-School Timeline
August 21: Teachers received access to Canvas and started building their classrooms!
August 24: Regularly scheduled School Board Meeting
August 26: Weekly Update focusing on BTS – Click here to read past issues
August 26: Download your Back-to-School Checklist
August 31: Special School Board Meeting, 7:30 p.m. Click here to watch online.
September 1-4: Device Pickup for grades K-6 (specific information has been sent to families who requested a device)
September 2: Back-to-School Information!
- Welcome message from Dr. Goodin Video
- Passport to Canvas training opens for students and parents video
- How to Start Your Day of School Video
- Welcome Message from your School Principal
September 3: Order your school lunch for the first week of school
September 7: Enjoy your last day of summer, we’ll “see” you tomorrow!
September 8: Welcome Back to the First First Day of School! Click here to download your 2020 First First Day of School signs. Send your First First Day of School pictures to email@example.com. Don’t worry, we’ll do it all again when we return to in-person learning with a Second First Day of School celebration!
Gearing Up for Back-to-School Checklist
- Read the Instructional Continuation Plan - review information specific to my child’s grade
- Complete First Day Verification
- Submit Dental and Physical exam to the school nurse (click here for forms)
- Current 3rd graders - Turn in a dental exam
- Current 6th graders - Turn in a physical with immunization updates
- Current 7th graders - Turn in a dental and first dose of MCV and Tdap immunizations
- Current 11th graders - Turn in a physical with updated immunizations
- Apply for Free and Reduced Program online
- Review thew weekly lunch menus and pre-order online
- Watch Ram Chat: information about daily Schedules
- Watch Ram Chat: preparing for Back-to-School
- Family Talk: start having positive conversations with my child about returning to school
- Family Talk: establishing schedules and a routine
- Family Talk: watch Dr. Goodin’s Welcome Back Message with my child (available September 2)
- Family Talk: complete the Passport to Canvas training with my child (available September 2)
- Family Talk: watch the First Day of School – How to Start Your Day video with my child (available September 2)
- Family Talk: watch the Welcome Message from my School Principal with my child (available September 2)
Technology Deployment Update
GRADES K-6: earlier today, information was sent to families who requested a loaned device for the start of the school year. If you requested a device, have email confirmation, and did not receive an update please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your student's name, and a screenshot of your email confirmation.
GRADES 7-12: any student in grades 7-12 who did not attend their assigned device pick up may pick up their device next week.
WHEN: September 1-4, from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
WHERE: 9th Grade Center
DETAILS: Please bring identification, either student ID or a driver’s license (parent), and clearly write your first and last name and grade level on a piece of paper.
- Weekly Update