REMINDER: No school for students December 24-31. See you in the New Year!
Weekly Update with Mr. Rizzo
This week, Mr. Rizzo talks about: winter weather updates, the annual 5/6/7 Grade Center Battle of the Doors, Winter Break, and more! Click here to watch.
5/6/7 Battle of the Doors
2021 Battle of the Doors is back and it's bigger, better, and has more glitter than ever!
VOTE DAILY ON INSTAGRAM: Starting December 23, door designs will go head-to-head and Instagram followers will vote for their favorite. The competition is bracket-style and will go on for 3 or 4 rounds. Feel free to follow along and vote daily.
NEW IN 2021, FACEBOOK VOTING: Look for a special album on December 23 with all the door designs. You'll be able to vote for as many as you like by liking the picture. The winning door with the most likes will be announced in the new year.
Are You Ready for Winter Weather?
Winter weather is around the corner, do you know where to find school closure information? Click here to watch an informative Spring-Ford Spotlight Video as we review the quickest ways to get up-to-date information on delays and closures.
This year (2021-2022) Spring-Ford Area School District built one Emergency Day into the calendar and planned to utilize Virtual or Flexible Instruction Days (FID) in case of an emergency or snow closure. The district used the Emergency Day on September 2, 2021 following district-wide flooding and power outages. Therefore, April 13, 2022 will change to an In-Person school day.
A Virtual Day or FID will be used in place of a snow day or other unplanned school closure and eliminate the need for a make-up day because students perform classwork at home. On a weather related Virtual Day, students will complete learning assignments provided by the teacher at home through Canvas. Click here to learn more about what to expect on a weather related Virtual Day. District issued devices will be sent home with students in grades K-4 to be proactive if inclement weather prevents a regular return on January 3, 2022.
Click the link below for the January Breakfast or Lunch Menu:
COVID Resource Page
The COVID Resource Page will be updated as we navigate waves of COVID cases and new variants. From answering your COVID FAQs and testing questions to sharing vaccination information, we're here with updates you can trust and care you can count on including:
- Allergies, Cold, Flu or Something Else?
- MCOPH Test Sites
- MCOPH Level of Community Transmission
- Find a Vaccine Site
- Test to Stay Program
Message from the SFASD COVID Liaisons and Nurses
Over the break, SFASD COVID Liaisons and Nurses will not be available to assist the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) with household contact tracing. Additionally, we will pause all reporting on the SFASD COVID Dashboard through the start of the new year. Please click here to view county-wide COVID updates through MCOPH. Any COVID related concerns should be directed to a healthcare provider. Individuals feeling ill or experiencing COVID-like symptoms are encouraged to test and isolate or quarantine. Click here to find a local testing site through MCOPH.
Individuals who test positive on or after January 1, 2022 should complete the COVID Positive Form found on the Health Services page and will receive a follow up email with isolation or quarantine dates on January 3, 2022.
Many Thanks, Spring-Ford
Many Thanks is an unsolicited acknowledgment of anyone in the Spring-Ford community who has demonstrated a caring or sensitive attitude, gone the extra mile, made a special effort to include someone, or simply deserves recognition.
Who can you thank? Send a special message to students, parents, teachers, administrators, administrative assistants, bus drivers, custodial staff, your favorite food service staff, a coworker, stranger, business owner, or community member. This week, Many Thanks goes out to...
- Mr. Seth Jones, many thanks for not giving up on the kids and the music program even through a pandemic. Thank everyone on the board for allowing the students to continue with the marching band, although altered, the last two seasons. Thank you for entertaining us at the Winter concert. The music program has keep many students positive, excited and ready to conquer challenges. From Liz F.
- Nurse Santangelo, many thanks for always Being Nice And Taking Care Of Me When I’m Hurt. Your The Best!! From Gabby A.
- Luca T., many thanks for being such a great buddy to our daughter! Your support during morning work these past months has helped her immensely. From Kate & Paul D.
- Mrs. Trainor T., many thanks for where do I start? Mrs. Trainor is the face of Royersford Elementary. She greets you with a smile everyday. Her above and beyond attitude is exactly what every person should have. She cares about the kids, staff and families. My daughter is the last of my four to go thru Royersford Elementary and I wish we could take her with us. We appreciate you Mrs. Trainor! From Ashley C.
- All the Spring-Ford Employees, many thanks for working so hard through the first half of the year - from morning drop off to late night events - you're all going above and beyond to make 2021-2022 memorable for our kids. Thank you for everything! From A Thankful Parent