The Lifeline and 988
On July 16, the transition to dialing 988 for suicide, mental health, or substance abuse crises will take place across the nation. When people call, text, or chat 988, they will be connected to trained counselors that are part of the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network. These trained counselors will listen, understand how their problems are affecting them, provide support, and connect them to resources if necessary.
While some areas may be currently able to connect to Lifeline by dialing 988, this dialing code will be available to everyone across the United States starting on July 16, 2022. Click here to learn more.
Registration for the 2022-23 school year is now open. Please keep in mind if your child will be participating in sports for the 2022-23 school year, the student must pass a PIAA physical exam. Physicals must be administered by a doctor June 1, 2022 or after and they cannot tryout for a sport unless the online registration and physical is complete at least 2 weeks before tryouts begin. Online registration includes a CIPPE Physical (PIAA section 7), this will be uploaded to your online registration. Instructions for registration were emailed out on June 1st and on the tab below under Registration.
- Fall registration is due 2 weeks before your first practice/tryouts
- Winter registration is due by November 4, 2022
- Spring registration is due by February 20, 2023
Student-athletes in grades 9-12 should click here for the High School Summer Newsletter.
Student-athletes in grades 7 and 8 should click here for the Middle School Summer Newsletter.
Welcome Dr. Jennifer Motzer
On Monday, July 11, 2022, the Spring-Ford Board of School Directors voted to appoint Dr. Jennifer Motzer to fill the open Region III.
Dr. Motzer has been a Spring-Ford resident for over 20 years and has served as a public educator for 24 years. In her interview Monday evening, she described herself as a “lifetime educator” and a “fierce advocate for children,” having devoted her adult life to public education.
Dr. Motzer will serve through 2023, when the seat will be open for election.
The next Board Meeting will be Monday, August 15, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
Do you know a 5-year-old ready to be a Spring-Ford Ram but not yet registered? Pass this message along! Children living in the Spring-Ford Area School District who will be five years old by August 31, 2022 are eligible to attend Kindergarten next school year. Click here to learn more.
Get Ready to Volunteer in 2022-2023
The Office of Human Resources has begun accepting Volunteer applications for the 2022-2023 school year. The volunteer process will be automated through Raptor’s Volunteer Management. Please visit the Spring-Ford Volunteer Page for more information on volunteering!
- For parents and students interested, we have some fun ideas to help your K-6 students avoid the summer slide.
- Students entering 7th & 8th grades are required to self-select a text and need to be prepared to complete an assignment at the start of the school year. View these slides for some ideas.
- Students entering 9th-12th grades may have mandatory or suggested summer assignments, please check out the link on our High School page for summer assignments.
Congratulations Dan Miscavage
Dan Miscavage, long-time Assistant Athletic Director, has been selected as Spring-Ford's next Athletic Director. Mr. Miscavage will assume the position on August 1, 2022 following the retirement of Mickey McDaniel, current Athletic Director.
Mr. Miscavage is a 1992 graduate of Spring-Ford and started teaching Social Studies at Spring-Ford in 1997. He taught US History and American Government for 25 years. The last 11 years, Mr. Miscavage has served as both a teacher and the Assistant Athletic Director and has undertaken many responsibilities in the Athletic Department.
Mr. Miscavage earned his Masters Degree in Sports and Athletic Administration from West Chester University and is a graduate of Millersville University.
Congrats, Mr. Miscavage!
Free or Reduced Meal Program - Apply Today
The federal government has not extended waivers that allowed all children to receive free school meal, meaning SFASD will return to pre-pandemic practices in the 2022-2023 school year. This year, families who qualify are encouraged to participate in the Free or Reduced Priced Meals program to help offset the cost of daily breakfast and/or lunch. It’s easy to find out, easy to apply, and risk free. Income eligibility guidelines are available online and are based on your household size and income level. Families around the country have felt the impact in financial security due to the unprecedented disruption caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic. Be sure to apply for the financial support that your family may be eligible to receive.
- Click here to learn if your family qualifies for free or reduced-price meals.
- Click here to apply online.
- Click here for a PDF/printed packed with additional information.
2022-2023 Food Service Prices
The federal government has not extended waivers that allowed all children to receive free school meal, meaning SFASD will return to pre-pandemic practices in the 2022-2023 school year. This year, families who qualify are encouraged to participate in the Free or Reduced Priced Meals program to help offset the cost of daily breakfast and/or lunch. It’s easy to find out, easy to apply, and risk free. Meal prices for the 2022-2023 school year will be:
- Grades K-4 Breakfast: $1.60
- Grades 5-12 Breakfast: $1.85
- Grades 1-4 Lunch: $3.05
- Grades 5-12 Lunch: $3.25
- Reduced Price Breakfast (K-12): $0.40
- Reduced Price Lunch (1-12): $0.50
Summer Food Programs
Families experiencing food insecurity should use any of the following resources to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text "FOOD" or "COMIDA" to 877877 during the summer months
- Text "SUMMER MEALS" or "VERANO" to 97779
- Use the USDA Summer Food Rocks website
- Click here to locate a Food Pantry
- Use the Summer Food Site Locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
- Check enrollment information from SNAP
- Check enrollment information from WIC
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Golf Outing
The Spring-Ford Educational Foundation is pleased to announce the 24th Annual Blue and Gold Scholarship Golf Outing on Saturday, July 30, 2022! Play a round, sponsor a tee, or bring a team! Click here for more details.
The Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Golf Outing Committee is actively seeking Golf Outing sponsors. Sponsorship opportunities start at $150. Click here to learn more.
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Purpose: To secure resources from individuals, corporations, community organizations and foundations to be distributed in support of programs for the benefit of the students and residents in the Spring-Ford Area School District. These resources will be used in a generally charitable way to enhance the quality of the Spring-Ford Area School District community.
Spring-Ford SNAP Prom Dress Boutique
Spring-Ford SNAP is accepting new or gently used formalwear (gown, dresses, tuxedos, suits, shoes, ties, purses and jewelry). Donations can be dropped off at the high school Monday-Thursday 8-4. Please have items dry cleaned prior to donating.
2022-2023 School Year: Message From Your School Nurse
If you are NEW (moving into or enrolling in Kindergarten), please turn in a physical with immunizations and a dental.
- Incoming 3rd graders – turn in a dental exam.
- Incoming 6th graders - turn in a physical with immunization updates
- Incoming 7th graders - turn in a dental and first dose of MCV and Tdap immunizations
- Incoming 11th graders - turn in a physical with updated immunizations
- Incoming 12th graders - turn in a second dose of MCV
Physicals and dentals dated on or after July 1, 2021 are acceptable.
In addition, if your student has a health condition that requires medication or an emergency action plan, please have the appropriate forms completed prior to the start of school. New orders and action plans are required each year and may be dated on or after July 1, 2022.
- Allergy Action Plan (English)
- Allergy Action Plan (Spanish)
- Asthma Action Plan (English)
- Asthma Action Plan (Spanish)
- Seizure Action Plan (English)
- Seizure Action Plan (Spanish)
- Diabetes Action Plan
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping Spring-Ford a safe and healthy place to learn.