Mark the Calendar for B2S Dates
It's time to start marking your calendar with Back to School dates! The Back to School page contains a wealth of information for both new and returning parents and families including Back-to-School Night(s), volunteer updates, First Day Verification information, and much more! Important dates in August include:
- August 2: First Day Verification Opens!
- August 11: Back to Spring-Ford Night
- August 16: Regularly scheduled School Board Meeting
- August 17: K-4 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 18: 5-8 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 19: 9-12 schedules posted to Skyward after 3 p.m.
- August 23: Regularly scheduled School Board Meeting
- August 30: Welcome Back to the First Day of School!
Back to Spring-Ford Night
The Spring-Ford Area School District is welcoming parents Back to Spring-Ford at the 5th Annual Back to Spring-Ford Parent Night! Parents of all students, of all ages, are invited to attend.
You are invited to join us on August 11, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the 9th Grade Center, for Back-to-Spring-Ford Parent Night! Parents can meet their H&S or PTO/PTA representative, learn about volunteer opportunities, gather important Back-to-School information, enter to win prizes, complete your Volunteer Clearances, learn about athletic registration, meet with the Spring-Ford Curriculum and Instruction team, and much more! Groups in attendance include:
- Brooke Elementary Home & School
- Evans Elementary Home & School
- Limerick Elementary Home & School
- Royersford Elementary PTO
- Upper Providence Elementary Home & School
- Spring-Ford SNAP
- Spring-Ford Booster Club
- Spring-Ford Music Association
- SFASD Athletic Department
- SFASD Curriculum Department
- SFASD School Police
- SFADS Human Resources Department
- SFASD Food Services
- SFAHS Future Planning Center
The first 50 people to attend will receive a reusable Spring-Ford bag!
The Office of Human Resources has begun accepting Volunteer applications for the 2021-202 school year. The volunteer process will be automated through Raptor’s Volunteer Management. Please visit the Spring-Ford Volunteer Page for more information on volunteering!
Spring-Ford is Hiring!
Spring-Ford Area School District is hiring! Visit the Spring-Ford hiring page for job openings. This week's highlights include:
- Supervisor of Special Education, Grades 4-6
- Elementary Teacher- 4th Grade
- Benefits Specialist- Executive Secretary
- Special Education- Emotional Support Teacher
Understanding EDI In Spring-Ford
In September 2019, the Spring-Ford Area School District formed the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee. EDI seeks to facilitate the school district’s ongoing and continuing efforts to promote an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity in order to prepare students to become members of a global community and a staff awareness of differences within our school community.
Weekly Definition: Diversity - refers to a variety of differences among people in the school community. It is an understanding that each individual is unique, and a recognition of individual differences, which can include but are not limited to race, color, class, religious creed, ancestry, language, disability, sex, gender (including gender identity or expression) or national origin.
Athletic Registration Forms: Grades 7-12
Athletic Registration forms (PIAA Section 6 Health History and PIAA Section 7 CIPPE Physical) can be dropped off at the following locations:
- 10-12 Building Main Entrance, door 1 for students entering grades 9-12. Attn. Mrs. Weiss
- 8th grade center for students entering 8th grade, attn. Mr. Harrison
- 7th grade center for students entering 7th grade, attn. Mr. Seislove
Please be sure to check the building hours for drop-off. All grade level forms can be dropped off at the 10-12 grade center.
Online registration must be completed before forms can be turned in.
Spring-Ford will continue providing free brown bag service to ALL students in our footprint, 18 and under, this summer! Our goal is to ensure students in our community have access to breakfast and lunch regularly.
WHEN: TUESDAY and THURSDAY from 1 to 2 p.m.
WHERE: The 5/6/7 Grade Center, 833 South Lewis Rd.; Limerick Elementary School, 81 Limerick Center Road; Spring City Elementary School, 190 South Wall Street
Students entering Kindergarten-8th grade: for parents and students interested, we have some fun ideas to help students avoid the summer slide. Click here for those resources.
NEW FOR 2021: Students entering grades 7 and 8 are required to self-select a text and be prepared to complete an assignment at the start of the school year. View these slides for some ideas.
Students entering 9th-12th grade: there may be mandatory or suggested summer assignments, please check out the link on our High School page for summer assignments.
SFASD will continue tracking positive cases and close contacts of COVID during ESY and Summer RAM programs. Families can continue to report COVID-related information to firstname.lastname@example.org for the duration of their summer programs. Click here to view the Summer Dashboard.
Montgomery and Chester County COVID Dashboard Trends:
Find Available Vaccine Appointments: Many local locations have vaccines available, some offering same-day appointments or walk-in appointments. MCOPH will release vaccine appointments within phases randomly, not by the date registered. Click here to register for a vaccine appointment.
Local Vaccine Search: Enter your zip code for a listing of local sites.