Do you know a 5-year-old ready to be a Spring-Ford Ram but not yet registered? Pass this message along! Children living in the Spring-Ford Area School District who will be five years old by August 31, 2022 are eligible to attend Kindergarten next school year. Click here to learn more.
Get Ready to Volunteer in 2022-2023
The Office of Human Resources has begun accepting Volunteer applications for the 2022-2023 school year. The volunteer process will be automated through Raptor’s Volunteer Management. Please visit the Spring-Ford Volunteer Page for more information on volunteering!
School Board Vacancy - Final Reminder
The Spring-Ford Area School District Board of School Directors is actively seeking applicants to fill a vacancy in Region III. The term to be filled will continue through December 2023. Interested applicants living in Region III must be at least 18 years of age and have been residents of the Spring-Ford Area School District for at least one year. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a resume.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, July 6, 2022. Electronic (email) applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. and should be sent to Laurie Bickert, Board Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand-delivered or mailed applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. and should be submitted to Spring-Ford Area School District, Administration Building, Attn: Board Secretary Laurie Bickert, at 857 S. Lewis Road, Royersford, PA 19468. The board will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, July 11, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. to interview the candidates and vote on filling the vacancy. Interested applications must be present in-person for the interview.
- For parents and students interested, we have some fun ideas to help your K-6 students avoid the summer slide.
- Students entering 7th & 8th grades are required to self-select a text and need to be prepared to complete an assignment at the start of the school year. View these slides for some ideas.
- Students entering 9th-12th grades may have mandatory or suggested summer assignments, please check out the link on our High School page for summer assignments.
Food Service Update
The federal government has not extended waivers that allowed all children to receive free school meal, meaning SFASD will return to pre-pandemic practices in the 2022-2023 school year. This year, families who qualify are encouraged to participate in the Free or Reduced Priced Meals program to help offset the cost of daily breakfast and/or lunch. It’s easy to find out, easy to apply, and risk free. Income eligibility guidelines are available online and are based on your household size and income level. Families around the country have felt the impact in financial security due to the unprecedented disruption caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic. Be sure to apply for the financial support that your family may be eligible to receive.
- Click here to learn if your family qualifies for free or reduced price meals.
- Click here to apply online.
- Click here for a PDF/printed packed with additional information.
2022-2023 Food Service Prices
- Grades K-4 Breakfast: $1.60
- Grades 5-12 Breakfast: $1.85
- Grades 1-4 Lunch: $3.05
- Grades 5-12 Lunch: $3.25
- Reduced Price Breakfast (K-12): $0.40
- Reduced Price Lunch (1-12): $0.50
Summer Food Programs
Families experiencing food insecurity should use any of the following resources to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text "FOOD" or "COMIDA" to 877877 during the summer months
- Text "SUMMER MEALS" or "VERANO" to 97779
- Use the USDA Summer Food Rocks website
- Click here to locate a Food Pantry
- Use the Summer Food Site Locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
- Check enrollment information from SNAP
- Check enrollment information from WIC
Lunch Money Information
If a Spring-Ford Senior has a sibling, any funds $5 or more will be transferred to the younger sibling. If the Senior is the last child and their balance is $5 or more, the Business Office will email the parent the exact balance that will be refunded. The refund process takes several weeks and we hope to have all Senior refunds completed by the end of July.
Registration for the 2022-23 school year is now open. Please keep in mind if your child will be participating in sports for the 2022-23 school year, the student must pass a PIAA physical exam. Physicals must be administered by a doctor June 1, 2022 or after and they cannot tryout for a sport unless the online registration and physical is complete at least 2 weeks before tryouts begin. Online registration includes a CIPPE Physical (PIAA section 7), this will be uploaded to your online registration. Instructions for registration were emailed out on June 1st and on the tab below under Registration.
- Fall registration is due 2 weeks before your first practice/tryouts
- Winter registration is due by November 4, 2022
- Spring registration is due by February 20, 2023
A missed tryout opportunity may occur if you fail to meet the deadlines.
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Golf Outing
The Spring-Ford Educational Foundation is pleased to announce the 24th Annual Blue and Gold Scholarship Golf Outing on Saturday, July 30, 2022! Play a round, sponsor a tee, or bring a team! Click here for more details.
The Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Golf Outing Committee is actively seeking Golf Outing sponsors. Sponsorship opportunities start at $150. Click here to learn more.
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Purpose: To secure resources from individuals, corporations, community organizations and foundations to be distributed in support of programs for the benefit of the students and residents in the Spring-Ford Area School District. These resources will be used in a generally charitable way to enhance the quality of the Spring-Ford Area School District community.
Spring-Ford SNAP Prom Dress Boutique
Spring-Ford SNAP is accepting new or gently used formal wear (gown, dresses, tuxedos, suits, shoes, ties, purses and jewelry). Donations can be dropped off at the high school Monday-Thursday 8-4. Please have items dry cleaned prior to donating.
2022-2023 School Year: Message From Your School Nurse
If you are NEW (moving into or enrolling in Kindergarten), please turn in a physical with immunizations and a dental.
- Incoming 3rd graders – turn in a dental exam.
- Incoming 6th graders - turn in a physical with immunization updates
- Incoming 7th graders - turn in a dental and first dose of MCV and Tdap immunizations
- Incoming 11th graders - turn in a physical with updated immunizations
- Incoming 12th graders - turn in a second dose of MCV
Physicals and dentals dated on or after July 1, 2021 are acceptable.
In addition, if your student has a health condition that requires medication or an emergency action plan, please have the appropriate forms completed prior to the start of school. New orders and action plans are required each year and may be dated on or after July 1, 2022.
- Allergy Action Plan (English)
- Allergy Action Plan (Spanish)
- Asthma Action Plan (English)
- Asthma Action Plan (Spanish)
- Seizure Action Plan (English)
- Seizure Action Plan (Spanish)
- Diabetes Action Plan
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping Spring-Ford a safe and healthy place to learn.
Spring-Ford is Hiring!
Are you ready to join the Spring-Ford family? The Office of Human Resources is pleased to accept employment applications for all positions electronically. Click below to access the system and review current openings. Spring-Ford Area School District is currently hiring:
- 5th Grade ELA/SS Teacher
- Chemistry Teacher
- Systems Technician
- Accounting Specialist
- And more!
Mark Your Calendar: Upcoming Board Meeting Dates
All Work Session Meetings and Board Meetings will be held in the Spring-Ford Area High School Cafeteria on the third and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m., unless designated otherwise. Committee Meetings are held in the District Office Conference Room.
- Special Board Meeting, July 11, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
Don’t miss a meeting! Click on the gray RSS Feed button or Orange Bell to subscribe to the School Board Calendar.
Applying for a Minor Work Permit
Upon request, grade-level House Offices are able to provide work permits for students, 14 through 17 years of age, living in the Spring-Ford Area School District. Please see the directives below:
- Parent or legal guardian of the student must complete working papers by emailing their student’s House Office Secretary listed below. Click here to download and print your work permit.
- The completed application and a photo/scan of one of the required forms of identification (student’s birth certificate, passport, or driver’s license/state ID) must be emailed or returned in person to the House Office Secretary. Once these items are received by the House Office Secretary, a work permit will be issued.
- If you have any questions, please reach out by email to the appropriate grade-level House Office Secretary.