School Board Vacancy
The Spring-Ford Area School District Board of School Directors is actively seeking applicants to fill a vacancy in Region III. The term to be filled will continue through December 2023. Interested applicants living in Region III must be at least 18 years of age and have been residents of the Spring-Ford Area School District for at least one year. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a resume. Interested applicants should include any information that they feel helps support their application to serve as a board member.
- For parents and students interested, we have some fun ideas to help your K-6 students avoid the summer slide.
- Students entering 7th & 8th grades are required to self-select a text and need to be prepared to complete an assignment at the start of the school year. View these slides for some ideas.
- Students entering 9th-12th grades may have mandatory or suggested summer assignments, please check out the link on our High School page for summer assignments.
Summer Food Programs
Families experiencing food insecurity should use any of the following resources to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text "FOOD" or "COMIDA" to 877877 during the summer months
- Text "SUMMER MEALS" or "VERANO" to 97779
- Use the USDA Summer Food Rocks website
- Click here to locate a Food Pantry
- Use the Summer Food Site Locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
- Check enrollment information from SNAP
- Check enrollment information from WIC
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Golf Outing
The Spring-Ford Educational Foundation is pleased to announce the 24th Annual Blue and Gold Scholarship Golf Outing on Saturday, July 30, 2022! Play a round, sponsor a tee, or bring a team! Click here for more details.
Spring-Ford Educational Foundation Purpose: To secure resources from individuals, corporations, community organizations and foundations to be distributed in support of programs for the benefit of the students and residents in the Spring-Ford Area School District. These resources will be used in a generally charitable way to enhance the quality of the Spring-Ford Area School District community.
Class of 2022 Yard Signs - Last Call!
A limited number of Class of 2022 yard signs remain for walk-in purchase! Pick up your sign(s) Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 857 South Lewis Road, Royersford. The District Office is just “up the hill” from Upper Providence Elementary School. Note, this is not a curbside pickup, please enter the office to pay and pick up signs.
WHERE: District Office, 857 South Lewis Road, Royersford
PAYMENT: Signs are $10 each, payable by cash at pick up.
Lunch Money Information
If a Spring-Ford Senior has a sibling, any funds $5 or more will be transferred to the younger sibling. If the Senior is the last child and their balance is $5 or more, the Business Office will email the parent the exact balance that will be refunded. The refund process takes several weeks and we hope to have all Senior refunds completed by the end of July.
2022-2023 School Year: Message From Your School Nurse
If you are NEW (moving into or enrolling in Kindergarten), please turn in a physical with immunizations and a dental.
- Incoming 3rd graders – turn in a dental exam.
- Incoming 6th graders - turn in a physical with immunization updates
- Incoming 7th graders - turn in a dental and first dose of MCV and Tdap immunizations
- Incoming 11th graders - turn in a physical with updated immunizations
- Incoming 12th graders - turn in a second dose of MCV
Physicals and dentals dated on or after July 1, 2021 are acceptable.
In addition, if you student has a health condition that requires medication or an emergency action plan, please have the appropriate forms completed prior to the start of school. New orders and action plans are required each year and may be dated on or after July 1, 2022.
- Allergy Action Plan (English)
- Allergy Action Plan (Spanish)
- Asthma Action Plan (English)
- Asthma Action Plan (Spanish)
- Seizure Action Plan (English)
- Seizure Action Plan (Spanish)
- Diabetes Action Plan
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping Spring-Ford a safe and healthy place to learn.
COVID Dashboard Update
SFASD discontinued updating the COVID Dashboard on June 13, 2022. As well, the Reopening page on the Spring-Ford website will be updated and relocated over the summer.
Spring-Ford is Hiring!
Are you ready to join the Spring-Ford family? The Office of Human Resources is pleased to accept employment applications for all positions electronically. Click below to access the system and review current openings. Spring-Ford Area School District is currently hiring:
- Special Education Teacher
- Gifted Teacher
- Chemistry Teacher
- Elementary Teachers
- Social Studies Teacher
- Math Teacher
- Accounting Specialist
- And more!
Mark Your Calendar: Upcoming Board Meeting Dates
All Work Session Meetings and Board Meetings will be held in the Spring-Ford Area High School Cafeteria on the third and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 p.m., unless designated otherwise. Committee Meetings are held in the District Office Conference Room.
- Board Meeting, June 27, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
- Special Board Meeting, July 11, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
Don’t miss a meeting! Click on the gray RSS Feed button or Orange Bell to subscribe to the School Board Calendar.
Your child’s yearly growth screening information (BMI) is now available on Skyward Family Access. To view your child’s information, please select your child’s name, click on the tab “Health Info”, Click on “Display Options” and choose “Show Physical Exams.” If you have any questions regarding this information please contact your building nurse.
Gear Up For 2022
When will I find out my child’s schedule for the 2022-2023 school year? You may log on to your Skyward account to check your students schedule, homeroom and transportation information during the following time(s) - 2022-2023 Schedule/Homeroom Release Dates:
- K-4: August 16, 2022 at 3 p.m.
- 5-8: August 17, 2022 at 3 p.m.
- 9-12: August 18, 2022 at 3 p.m.