REMINDER: The Last Day of School is June 10th!
Weekly Update with Mr. Rizzo
This week, Mr. Rizzo says 'farewell' to the 2021-2022 school year! Click here to watch.
Celebrate the Class of 2022 Tonight!
The 67th Spring-Ford Area High School Commencement Ceremony will be held in Coach McNelly Stadium this evening, June 8, 2022 starting at 7 p.m.
You can watch tonight’s Commencement Ceremony LIVE on Ram Country TV Comcast Channel 969 and Verizon Channel 44 starting at 7 p.m. A live video stream will also be available on:
Congratulations to our 2022 graduates!
SFASD Communication Surveys - Extended!
Over the last several weeks, the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) has hosted focus groups with internal and external Spring-Ford Area School District (SFASD) stakeholders as part of a district communication audit. In order to help SFASD better serve your child(ren) and family, we are looking to gather more information about some of the themes that emerged from the focus groups through surveys with SFASD staff, parents/guardians and community members.
We invite you to participate in a follow-up communications survey
To assist us in this process, we are asking that you take 5-10 minutes to complete the survey. You can access the survey on desktop and laptop computers as well as most tablets and smartphones. Survey participation is completely anonymous. Completing this survey will help ensure that your voice, insights and experiences are captured to help inform the communications recommendations that we are preparing for SFASD.
The survey will remain open until Friday, June 10, 2022.
Completing this survey will allow us to better work with you, as SFASD stakeholders, and allow SFASD to build on its strengths, target strategic areas of improvement, and increase the efficiency and the impact of SFASD’s communication initiatives.
SFASD Football Camp
The Spring-Ford Area High School Football Team is running a Youth Camp for kids going into grades 2-9 from June 14-16. Click here for more details including dates, times, and location.
- For parents and students interested, we have some fun ideas to help your K-6 students avoid the summer slide.
- Students entering 7th & 8th grades are required to self-select a text and need to be prepared to complete an assignment at the start of the school year. View these slides for some ideas.
- Students entering 9th-12th grades may have mandatory or suggested summer assignments, please check out the link on our High School page for summer assignments.
2022-2023 School Year: Message From Your School Nurse
If you are NEW (moving into or enrolling in Kindergarten), please turn in a physical with immunizations and a dental.
- Incoming 3rd graders – turn in a dental exam.
- Incoming 6th graders - turn in a physical with immunization updates
- Incoming 7th graders - turn in a dental and first dose of MCV and Tdap immunizations
- Incoming 11th graders - turn in a physical with updated immunizations
- Incoming 12th graders - turn in a second dose of MCV
Physicals and dentals dated on or after July 1, 2021 are acceptable.
In addition, if you student has a health condition that requires medication or an emergency action plan, please have the appropriate forms completed prior to the start of school. New orders and action plans are required each year and may be dated on or after July 1, 2022.
- Allergy Action Plan (English)
- Allergy Action Plan (Spanish)
- Asthma Action Plan (English)
- Asthma Action Plan (Spanish)
- Seizure Action Plan (English)
- Seizure Action Plan (Spanish)
- Diabetes Action Plan
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping Spring-Ford a safe and healthy place to learn.
COVID Dashboard Update
SFASD will discontinue updating the COVID Dashboard over the summer. The last update will be June 13, 2022. As well, the Reopening page on the Spring-Ford website will be updated and relocated over the summer. As a reminder, SFASD's Health and Safety Plan recommends the following for masking in Low/Medium/High:
- Masks are recommended, but optional for staff, students, and visitors.
- Face coverings - including KN95 masks - may be provided upon request.
- Masks may be required as part of a “test to stay” or “mask to stay” protocol.
- Masking may be required as part of a return from isolation protocol.
- Click here to review the SFASD Health and Safety Plan.
- Click here to report a positive case.
We are excited to share with you a summer opportunity for Spring-Ford students who are currently enrolled in grades K-8 (for the 2021-2022 school year). Summer R.A.M.S is an optional program to support students in reading and math. Students who may be experiencing learning loss or gaps in their learning may choose to participate in in-person and/or virtual sessions. The role of in-person and virtual sessions are to provide targeted support and intervention in the areas of reading and math.
Please use the Sign-up Genius links to secure your spot and then complete the Google form to finalize your registration. Please register for the grade level that the student is currently enrolled.
Session #1 - June 27 to July 7: link for the sign-up genius for Session #1. This must be used to secure your spot.
Once you have completed the sign up, please be sure to complete the Google Form to finalize your registration.
Session #2 - July 11 to July 21: link for the sign-up genius for Session #2. This must be used to secure your spot.
Session #3 - July 25 to August 4: link for the sign-up genius for Session 31. This must be used to secure your spot.
All registrations will close at 5PM or Friday, June 10th or when the spots are filled- whichever comes first.
Please contact Catie Gardy, email@example.com or 610-705-6211 with any questions.
Please note that participation in the Summer R.A.M.S. program is optional. These programs are being funded using ESSER Funding (Federal Funding) and are free of charge.
SNAP Wants You to Take a Vaca!
Last weekend SNAP held a free post prom event at Arnold’s Family Fun Center for Seniors and their guests.This event is funded is through donations and fundraisers. SNAP’s current fundraiser for the Class of 2023 post prom is a week stay in a Floridia vacation home. Tickets are $20 and only 100 tickets will be sold.
Post Prom 2022 is in the books; it was a huge success thanks to our volunteers and supportive community! We need community involvement to thrive. Please click here to provide some follow-up information to join the cause in any way that is interesting to you.