Weekly Update with Mr. Rizzo
This week, Mr. Rizzo talks about:
- End of Year Information
- June Events and Dates
- Parent Resources
End of Year Information
Welcome to the end of the 2020-2021 school year! To our graduates – congratulations on your achievement! Click here for more information, details, and dates for 2021 Seniors. The Spring-Ford Area School District wishes you all the best in the future. For those families who will be returning for the 2021-2022 school year, school will begin on Monday, August 30, 2021.
Click here for important End-of-Year information, including summer educational resources, important dates, and the annual Last Day of School Signs.
- Last scheduled Student Day: Thursday, June 17
- Last scheduled Teacher Day: Friday, June 18
- First Day of Summer Meals Program: Monday, June 21
- 2021 Commencement Ceremony: Tuesday, June 15 (Rain Dates June 16 or 17)
- 2021-2022 Schedule/Homeroom Release Dates:
- K-4: August 17, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- 5-8: August 18, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- 9-12: August 19, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- First Day of School: August 30, 2021
Summer RAMS Registration
Summer RAMS registration is open! The purpose of this program is to provide instructional interventions for students in grades K-8 who may have experienced learning loss or learning gaps due to the educational disruptions because of the pandemic. Students have three options:
- Asynchronous with iReady
- Summer Success - Virtual
- Summer Success - In-Person
End of Year Video… We Need YOU!
We want YOU - our Spring-Ford students and parents - to join our annual Ram Country TV End of Year video! Please submit a video of your student - or your entire family - waving, cheering, dancing, smiling... you can get creative! This video will be shared on June 18th with the entire Spring-Ford community.
Examples from previous years:
We can't wait to dance with you! Click here to upload your film before June 16th.
Summer Food Depot – Save the Dates!
Spring-Ford will continue providing free breakfast/lunch brown bag service to ALL students in our footprint, 18 and under, this summer! Our goal is to ensure students in our community have access to breakfast and lunch regularly.
WHEN: Each Monday and Wednesday starting on June 21, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
WHERE: The 5/6/7 Grade Center, 833 South Lewis Rd.; Limerick Elementary School, 81 Limerick Center Road; Spring City Elementary School, 190 South Wall Street
National Park Service Summer Passes for 4th Grade Students
Get out and MOVE this summer with a National Park Service Pass! All 4th graders with a valid Every Kid Outdoors paper pass and secure a free park pass valid for the duration of the 4th grader's school year through the following summer (September-August)
How to obtain:
- Step 1: Obtain a paper pass by visiting the Every Kid Outdoors website and following the instructions.
- Step 2: Exchange for the Annual 4th Grade Pass at federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard entity fees (day-use fee). Find a location to pick up this pass at a federal recreation site.
- NOTE: Digital versions of the paper pass, such as on smartphones or tablets, will not be accepted to exchange for an Annual Fourth Grade Pass.
- Find detailed information about this pass on the Every Kid Outdoors website and the USGS Store's Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
- Educators can also be involved! Learn more at the Every Kid Outdoors website.
Calendar of Observances: June 2021
SFASD is a community committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that the responsibility for diversity and inclusion lies with all of us at SFASD: leadership, administration, faculty, staff, and students. EDI Committee members referenced the Nationals School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) 2020-2021 School Calendar Guide and the 2020 Anti-Defamation League Calendar of Observances Guide to compile the list below. Click here to learn more.
This month includes:
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- Anne Frank Day
- Race Unity Day
- And more
There are many ways parents can encourage emotionally intelligent behavior in their children while having honest, age-appropriate conversations. Parents are encouraged to use the resources available on the Parent Resource Page to learn more about character development. Recent adds include:
- LGBTQ+ Parent Resources
- Supporting our Black and Brown Community
- Supporting our AAPI Community
- Talking About Grief
- Drug Use Awareness and Prevention
Montgomery and Chester County COVID Dashboard Trends:
Find Available Vaccine Appointments
Many local locations have vaccines available, some offering same-day appointments or walk-in appointments. MCOPH will release vaccine appointments within phases randomly, not by the date registered. Click here to register for a vaccine appointment.
Local Vaccine Search: Enter your zip code for a listing of local sites.