May you find peace and happiness this Ramadan, our friends who observe. Ramadan is a holy month of fasting, introspection, and prayer. Fasting is one of the five fundamental principles of Islam. In 2023, Ramadan lasts from the evening of March 22 to the evening of April 21. We are mindful of students in our school community who may be fasting during Ramadan and encourage students to speak with their teachers should they need support throughout the day.
SEPAC Meeting - Tomorrow
Join SEPAC this Thursday at 7 p.m. in the SFAHS Hurda Center for SEPAC’s March Meeting! Bring your questions about ESY, and listen to our very own Spring-Ford Special Education Supervisor (4-6), Chris Talley. After the presentation parents are welcome to stay and chat in a support style meeting!
The mission of the Spring-Ford Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) is to work for the consideration, respect, support, inclusion, and appropriate education for all the neurodiverse children within the Spring-Ford community.
Report Card Distribution – 3rd Marking Period
The 3rd Marking Period ends Wednesday, March 29, 2023. All electronic report cards are to be available by 4 p.m. on Skyward on Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
Student Spotlight: PMEA Selection
Daniel Chu, 10th grade student, has been selected as an outstanding selection in PMEA’s 2023 Composition Program. This year over 30 entries were received and only six composition were selected across six categories.
While Spring-Ford has had students enter in the past, Daniel is the first student every selected from Spring-Ford. His composition will be performed at the PMEA All-State conference on Thursday April 20th at 4:30. Congratulations, Daniel!
About PMEA: the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) is a statewide nonprofit organization of over 3,600 members, dedicated to promoting the musical development of all Pennsylvanians. The organization promotes and supports quality music education, learning and performance as well as promoting and supporting music education in schools and communities.
Student Spotlight: Musician Recognition
On Friday, March 17, the Gold Jazz Ensemble and the Blue Jazz Ensemble joined the Cavalcade of Bands Phoenixville Jazz show. Both groups did great, and junior Bobby Palladino won a soloist medal on the drum set.
On Saturday, March 18, the Winterguard attended the World Guard International (WGI) Eastern US Regional at Bethlehem-Liberty HS. They placed 8th in their group.
The Winter Percussion team attended the World Guard International (WGI) Eastern US Regional at Monroe Township HS in NJ. They placed 7th out of 26 in their division and were awarded a spot in the final competition. This is truly incredible work for this team!
Both Guard and Percussion are headed to the World Championships in Dayton, OH this year. Percussion is currently ranked top ten and has a strong shot at making World Finals. This would be our school’s first ever top 10 ranking! The last time Spring-Ford was represented at the World Champs was by our Guard in 2019. The Guard at that time made it to Semi-Finals.
This Thursday, March 23, the following four students will represent the band in PMEA Region 6: Kathryn Mull (10), Ben Richvalsky (11), Bobby Palladino (11), and Ayan Zaman (11). Let’s hope one of them makes PMEA All State.
Student Spotlight: Athletic Recognition
- Boys Bowling finished 6th at the State Team tournament on Saturday which is the highest finish for the Spring-Ford bowling team!
- The Boys Basketball team defeated State College in Mechanicsburg on Saturday by a score of 45 to 39 to advance to the PIAA Semifinals for the first time in school history! The team moved onto the PIAA Final Four this week, and made us Spring-Ford proud on the court. The team had a great season, but won't move on to the final round.
- The Boys and Girls Swim team had an exceptional PIAA state meet this weekend with the Girls team finishing in 15th place in the team standings which is the BEST FINISH EVER! The individual swim accomplishments are below.
- For the Boys Team:
- The boys medley relay of Patrick Baganski, Blaise Sadowski, Dylan Dayrit, and Nate Reagan finished in 17th. 3 100ths of a second out of a chance to make it back to finals later that night.
- Patrick Baganski however earned a trip back in the evening finishing with All State Honorable Mention status in the 50 Free with a 14th place finish. He also individually competed in the 100 backstroke.
- The boys 200 free relay of Patrick, Dylan, Nate and Kyle Kruppa didn't make a night swim either missing this time by only 4 100's of a second, but did manage to finish with All State Honorable Mention honors.
- For the Girls Team
- On Friday, the girls 200 yard medley relay of Maris Sadowski, Sydney Koehler, Abby Koeler, and Ashley Gutshall earned Spring-Ford's Medley Relay Medal in team history with a 7th place finish. These same four also made it back to finals in the 200 free relay to place 16th and garner All State Honorable Mention honors.
- Ashley later earned her third straight 50 yard freestyle medal with another 7th place finish.
- Ashley won a second individual medal in the 100 freestyle, this time for 6th place and Sydney Koehler rebroke her team record in the 100 breaststroke and qualified for finals to finish 16th and be selected as an All State Honorable Mention.
- The girls team finished an amazing 15th place overall in the State behind the "Blue Bloods' of PA swimming North Penn, Conestoga, Upper Dublin, North Allegheny, Hershey, Hatboro Horsham.
- For the Boys Team:
Student Spotlight: Rampage Writers Honored
Three Spring-Ford students finished among the state’s best high school journalists in the Keystone Student Media Awards Competition sponsored by the Pennsylvania News Media Association.
Alex Dickerman won first place in the state for column writing and Jocelyn Wright won first place in the state for review writing. Brayden Rush won honorable mention for column writing. This is the first year Rampage writers have won multiple first-place awards. The students will be honored in a ceremony this April in Harrisburg.
Click the linked name above to read the writing from Alex, Jocelyn, and Brayden. All student news and stories can be found at the Rampage website sframpage.org.
Welcome Kindergarten Class of 2036!
CLASS OF 2036... Kindergarten registration is OPEN! Children living in the Spring-Ford Area School District who will be five years old by August 31, 2023 are eligible to attend Kindergarten next school year. Click here to learn more.
SFMA Bag Bingo - March 24
Join friends for the most luxurious round of bingo in town on March 24th for Spring-Ford Music Associations annual Bag Bingo. Click here to reserve your seats, but hurry because they're going fast!
UPHSA Presents We Are Monsters
We Are Monsters is a hilarious new musical that follows human kids into a monster cabaret filled with quirky monster characters. The adventurous humans uncover vegetarian vampires and rock n’ roll werewolves, gradually realizing there may be more to these monsters than meets the eye! Most importantly these monsters and kids discover the importance of friendship and celebrating in the attributes that make each of us different and unique. Catch a show or two on March 25, 26, April 1 and 2.
Spring City Home & School Online Raffle
Join Spring City H&S online for their annual raffle! Online raffle sales will be open through Thursday, March 23 at 11:59 PM. Online orders will be added to the in-person raffle held on Friday evening, you do not have to be present on Friday to win a basket.
Funds raised from the annual raffle support the HSA's many initiatives and community building activities. Click here to "shop" the raffle. Note, the site may take a moment to load.