ClassH-Room Featuring 8th Grade Center
Did you watch the The ClassH-Room last week? Watch or re-watch 8th grade students go head-to-head with their teachers on The ClassH-Room! Who won? You'll have to click here to find out!
The ClassH-Room is a trivia-based game show for school teachers and students (grades 7-12). Each episode of The ClassH-Room features students and teachers from the same school competing against each other.
Spring-Ford SNAP x Torque Spin Studio
Join your friends to support Spring-Ford SNAP for a Spin Class at Torque in Royersford on March 15th at 5 p.m. Ride to support a fun safe, and FREE Post Prom event for our Spring-Ford Seniors and their guest. It is free to sign up for the class. All donations from this event go directly to Post Prom! Click here to sign up, and scroll to the March 15th class.
Spring-Ford Tutoring Program
Spring-Ford will be offering tutoring to students who may have experienced Learning Loss due to the pandemic. There are 2 types of tutoring that will be offered.
- 1:1 On-demand drop-in tutoring/homework help
- 1:1 Learning Loss Tutoring
If you are interested in your child(ren) participating in tutoring, you must complete the “Request for Tutoring” form by clicking HERE. The deadline to complete this form is March 10th. No requests will be accepted after 4 p.m. on March 10th.
Student Spotlight: DECA Results
Last week, Spring-Ford took 81 students to the DECA States Competition & Conference held in Hershey PA. With over 3,000 students from across Pennsylvania, our students did a great job representing Spring-Ford. Spring-Ford was the 6th largest chapter at the conference with 81 students! Students competed in their categories as well as attended workshops throughout their time. The following students have placed in their category and will be attending Nationals in Orlando Florida, on April 22-25:
- Tarneet Singh (11th) placed 3rd in the category of Automotive Services Marketing.
- Sahil Desai (12th) placed 4th in the category of Food Marketing Services.
- Saranya Anantapantula (11th) placed 3rd in the category of Start Up Business Plan.
The additional students have received high honors in the category for either having the highest test score, highest role play score or placing in a state only event.
- Ashmi Jena (9th) placed 3rd in the category of Digital Advertising.
- Ankita Chakraborty (11th) received a medal for the highest test score in the category of Hospitality Services Team Decision Making.
- Gina Singh (10th) received a medal for the highest test score in the category of Business Services Marketing.
- Viraj Bagga (10th) received a medal for the highest test score in the category of Business Services Marketing.
About DECA: Pennsylvania DECA prepares students for college and careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and business management. Through integrated classroom instruction, Pennsylvania DECA helps connect student learning from inside the classroom to the real world. Assisted by corporate partners, professional mentoring, and community service opportunities, Pennsylvania DECA prepares the next generation of students to become Academically Prepared, Community Oriented, Professionally Responsible, Experienced Leaders. With over 225,000 global members in all 50 states and five countries, DECA is a global network with infinite possibilities!
Girls' Basketball & Boys' Basketball Tickets
Looking for playoff tickets? Look no further!
Spring-Ford Girls' Basketball plays Dallastown on Friday, March 10 at 7 p.m. at Spring-Ford. Click here for tickets
Spring-Ford Boys' Basketball plays Central York on Saturday, March 11 at 3 p.m. Click here for tickets.
RCTV will livestream both games.
Celebrate Women's History Month at the National Constitution Center
Throughout Women’s History Month, the National Constitution Center recognizes extraordinary American women throughout the nation’s history. Celebrate Women’s History Month by visiting their newest exhibit and learning about the long fight for women’s suffrage. Click here to learn more.
Student Spotlight: Spring-Ford Art Program
Our 9th through 12th Grade Art students recently participated in 3 juried Art Exhibits. The 9th Tri-County High School Art Exhibition from Feb. 15-March 24, 2023 at the North Hall Gallery on Pottstown’s campus features 12 Spring-Ford students.
- Bridget Metzger, Mixed Media “Samsara” 2nd Place Overall
- Maddy Sterner, 3D Mixed Media “Burnout” Jurors Choice Award
- Samantha Hobbs, Photography “Spike the Gravitational Pull” Best in Photography Award
- Daylen Haynes, Graphic Design “Techno Music” Best in Graphic Design Award
- Fionna Bolonski, Painting “The Observer and the Unobserved”
- Megan Fleckenstein, Watercolor “Still Life”
- Meghan Gallagher, Watercolor/Ink “ You’ll be Ok”
- Sousan Hejazi, Jewelry “Perspective”
- Olivia Hoang, Graphic Design “Grasping for Air”
- Madison Milstein, Jewelry “Ouroboros: Cycle of Life”
- Tae Rollins, Ceramics/Mixed Media “No One is Home”
- Kayla Romano, Graphic Design “Nature’s Song”
The 36th PSEA "Touch the Future" High School Art Exhibition from March 5-31, 2023 at The Fine Arts Center gallery, Blue Bell campus features 17 Spring-Ford students.
- Erin Wirant, Watercolor “Painter’s Soul In Retired Tools” Best In Watercolor Award
- Mars Pratte, Jewelry “Pieces of Them” Best in Jewelry Award
- Shihan Ayman, Digital Photography “Watercolor”
- Cassidy Colden, Drawing Black & White “Moose”
- Olivia Hoang, Graphic Design “AutoMOObile”
- Kaela Hunt, Graphic Design “Over Ripe”
- Elena Gontarek, Drawing Black & White “From Rome”
- Patrick Kelly, 2D mixed media “No Significance”
- Cady Krause, Painting “Rings Of Progress”
- Lauren Latey, Drawing Black & White “Charcoal Skeleton”
- Madison Milstein, Jewelry “Leaving the Nest”
- Emma Moritz, 3D Mixed Media “Constricted”
- Tae Rollins, Ceramics “The Captured Fairy”
- Majorie Sawyers, Drawing Black & White “Eagle”
- Diona Shani, Painting “Onward to Light”
- Maddy Sterner, Graphic Design “Objective Theater”
- Erin Thomas, Drawing Black & White “Pangolin”
- Bee Williams, Digital Photography “Reflection”
- Sophia Zimmerman, Graphic Design “The Pouring of One’s Future”
Cabrini University’s 2022 Art + Effect High School Poster Exhibition @ Gorevin Gallery featured the work of 1 student:
- Chad Fullerton, Graphic Design “Save the Arctic”
GIANT Round Up Program
Now that's a GIANT check! Again this year, the Royersford GIANT store invited customers to Round Up at the Register to donate to local public schools. Yesterday, we received $7,329.96 from GIANT to support our students.
Funds from this program will be applied towards outstanding food service balances. Thank you to all who rounded up, and thank you, GIANT, for supporting our students!