REMINDER: No school for students November 22-26.
All electronic report cards will be available by 4 p.m. on Skyward today, November 17. 2021. Be sure to give your student a high five, handshake, or hug for their hard work!
Weekly Update with Mr. Rizzo
This week, Mr. Rizzo talks about American Education Week, the updated Health and Safety Plan, and the upcoming Fall Break. Click here to watch.
Updated Health and Safety Plan
On Monday, November 15, 2021 the Board of School Directors authorized an amendment to the 2021-2022 Health and Safety Plan (HSP) effective January 17, 2022 to align with recommendations of the Montgomery County Department of Health (MCOPH), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PDoH) and recommends that students and staff, Kindergarten through 12 th grade, wear appropriate face coverings while indoors during school activities. This amendment does not change mask requirements on buses as the result of the mandated order of the CDC.
If the current state-wide masking order should be lifted at any point before January 17, 2022, Spring-Ford will resort to the current Health and Safety Plan.
Currently, masks are mandatory for staff when Spring-Ford’s Level of Community Transmission is “High.” Only medical exemptions with a medical signature will be honored. Spring-Ford’s Level of Community Transmission can be found on the COVID Dashboard, and will be included each week in Weekly Updates.
Click here to review the current and upcoming Health and Safety Plans.
Reminder from Your School Nurse
This is a friendly reminder if you haven’t already turned in medical exams:
- Current 3rd graders - Turn in a dental exam
- Current 6th graders - Turn in a physical with immunization updates
- Current 7th graders - Turn in a dental and first dose of MCV and Tdap immunizations
- Current 11th graders - Turn in a physical with updated immunizations
Also, any students new to Spring-Ford should turn in a physical with immunizations and a dental.
Please note, if you have not turned in a required physical or dental your student will be scheduled for a school physical (in March) or school dental (in February). If you would like to attend, please contact your school nurse.
Join Spring-Ford at the MCIU Job Fair
The Montgomery County Recruitment Outreach (MCRO) is a recruitment consortium of Montgomery County Public School Districts located in Southeastern Pennsylvania. The MCRO is dedicated to the recruitment, selection, and employment of diverse, skilled, and talented educators to work in our schools. MCRO is seeking diverse, skilled, and talented educators for exciting employment opportunities in the field of education. Join Spring-Ford and MCRO on November 22, 2021 to learn more about:
- Competitive salaries amongst the highest in Pennsylvania
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
- Generous tuition reimbursement programs
- One of the best retirement plans in the nation
Click here for more information and to register.
WMCTC Open House
Virtual Open House via Zoom! December 8, 2021 at 6 p.m. WMCTC will be offering three sessions to join their teachers virtually in their program to learn about what the WMCTC can offer your students.
- Session 1: 6-6:30 p.m.
- Session 2: 6:45-7:15 p.m.
- Session 3: 7:30-8 p.m.
Want to check out the programs before the open house? Watch them on Ram Country TV!
Spring-Ford Test to Stay Program
Test to Stay is a voluntary COVID-19 prevention strategy that allows students who are identified as a close contact to a case of COVID-19 to continue to attend school and participate in extracurricular activities in modified quarantine for seven days after the last day of exposure. To participate in Test to Stay, students will need to opt-in to completing an antigen testing cadence for COVID-19, remain symptom-free, and test negative to be able to remain in school and participate in extracurricular activities over their seven day quarantine period.
If a parent does not want their student to participate in the voluntary Test to Stay Program, that student will be required to quarantine in accordance with current recommendations outlined in the Montgomery County Office of Public Health.
Click here to learn more about the program, student eligibility requirements, and more.
Custom Spring-Ford Tags
Spring-Ford friends, are you planning a trip over the holidays? Do your kids need a new tag for their backpacks, instruments, gym or athletic bags? How bout a simple ornament for a friend? Spring-Ford Music Association is selling luggage tags and ornaments that will arrive before the holidays and make great stocking stuffers! There are some generic travel styles in addition to SF branded ones. Click here to order.
Holiday Greens & Wreaths from Three Rivers
It is November and soon it will be time to decorate for your favorite winter holidays! Support the Spring-Ford Booster Club AND get some decorating done at the same time by ordering beautiful holiday wreaths and greens that are shipped directly to your home. They also make great gifts to ship directly to out of town friends and family. Ordering closes on November 30th! Click here to order, and use code is 6B46PE.
Spring-Ford Spirit Wear
The Spring-Ford Booster Club Spirit Wear Shop is open with lots of new and old items that are sure to make your Rams fans happy! Check out their traditional hoodies along with fleece vests, women’s cut hoodies, flannel PJ pants, scarves and hats, tie-dye and Christmas ornaments. Order by November 27th so you don’t miss out on these great school spirit items. Click here to visit the Spirit Wear Shop.
Upcoming Events: Limerick Township
Limerick Township Parks and Recreation has upcoming events for you and your family!
Many Thanks, Spring-Ford
Many Thanks is an unsolicited acknowledgment of anyone in the Spring-Ford community who has demonstrated a caring or sensitive attitude, gone the extra mile, made a special effort to include someone, or simply deserves recognition.
Who can you thank? Send a special message to students, parents, teachers, administrators, administrative assistants, bus drivers, custodial staff, your favorite food service staff, a coworker, stranger, business owner, or community member.
This week, Many Thanks goes out to…
- SF Teachers, many many thanks for everything you do every single day for our kids. We moved to Spring-Ford for you, the teachers, and we couldn't be more happy with that decision. Thank you for teaching our kids, and for having a positive impact on their lives. We are Spring-Ford Proud! From a Spring-Ford Mom
- Ms. Gardan, many thanks for going out of your way to make sure our daughter was able to have her artwork ordered so she felt like "a real artist!" From Erin T.
- High School lunch room staff, Kenny & David, many thanks for stepping up to help me make it through the "tray fiasco day," it touched me deeply! The best part of my worst day was you all having my back (the students as well)! I'll never forget it! Thank you, from Jill C.
- Nurse Smith, many thanks for supporting the students of SF! We appreciate all you do to keep our kids safe! From Lisa O.
- Mrs. D., many thanks for always believing in our girl and encouraging her to do her best! From Erin T.
- Mr. Von Minden, many thanks for putting our son into a role to help others, and challenging him to be his best! From Erin T.
- Arnold K., many thanks for keeping the 9th grade building up and running. You are going to be missed once you retire! From Tiffany M.