Second Marking Period Timeline
Starting November 12, 2020 SFASD will reopen to students In-Person or Virtually. Please review the timeline and grade specific information below before the second first day of school. Click here to download the Daily COVID Checklist.
- October 30, 2020: K-6 all class changes will be sent to families
- November 11, 2020: End of MP1
- November 12, 2020: Second First Day of School K-6
- November 12, 2020: Second First Day of School 7-9 Blue
- November 13, 2020: Second First Day of School 7-9 Gold
- November 16, 2020: Second First Day of School 10-12 Blue
- November 17, 2020: Second First Day of School 10-12 Gold
- All students in grades K-6 were offered the option of In-Person, Virtual, or Spring-Ford Cyber School for MP2.
- In-Person students will attend school Monday through Friday starting November 12, 2020.
- Virtual students will attend school from home starting November 12, 2020. Students will attend school each day of the week in a synchronous environment including Wednesday.
- Click here to review the K-6 Reopening Toolkit with detailed information about both In-Person and Virtual options.
All students in grades 7-12 were offered the option of In-Person Hybrid, Virtual, or Spring-Ford Cyber School for MP2. Students will return to In-Person Hybrid following the schedule below:
- November 12, 2020: 7-9 Blue
- November 13, 2020: 7-9 Gold
- November 16, 2020: 10-12 Blue
- November 17, 2020: 10-12 Gold
In Days: Students will follow a normal six-day cycle, attending classes either M/Th or T/F.
Home Days: Starting November 12, students will follow their normal Bell Schedule on Home Days. Instruction will be accessed through Livestream or Recorded video, and will include Canvas Content.
Wednesdays: All students will complete work posted to Canvas, this day will be asynchronous. Teachers available for office hours by appointment.
Virtual Option: Instruction will be accessed through livestream or recorded video, and will include Canvas Content. Teachers will be available for office hours by appointment.
Second First Day of School Signs
Click here to download your 2020 Second First Day of School signs! Send your Second First Day of School pictures to email@example.com. Pictures will be posted to Facebook and Instagram starting November 12!
Daily Lunch Pick Up Update
Starting November 12, daily lunch pick up will be at Limerick and 5/6/7 Grade Center only. Pick up times will change to 4:30-5:45 p.m. Both locations will have a hot meal choice or a cold meal choice. All reimbursable meals in-person and pick up will be free to all students and will not be allocated to student accounts. Limited snacks will be offered for all in school students. Snacks will be charged to student accounts.
Family Vacations During COVID
Reminder, families who travel out of state should check the COVID-19 Travel Information on the PA Health Department page before returning to school. SFASD will require a 14-day quarantine at home for any student returning from a state identified on the PA COVID-19 Information for Travelers site.
Middle School Marching Unit Performance
Watch the Middle School Marching Unit Performance LIVE tonight on RCTV’s YouTube!
WHEN: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: RCTV YouTube
The students and instructors have been working very hard and are excited to share their work!
Upcoming School Board Meetings
Click the link below to join a School Board Committee Meeting or School Board Meeting. Click here to view upcoming agendas, board documents, and board minutes.
- November 4, 6:30 p.m. – Community Relations Committee Meeting
- November 4, 7:30 p.m. – Extracurricular Committee Meeting
- November 9, at 7:30 p.m. – Work Session Meeting
- November 10, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting
- November 10, 7:30 p.m. – Property Committee Meeting
- November 16, 6:30 p.m. – Policy Committee Meeting
- November 16, 7:30 p.m. – Curriculum/Technology Committee Meeting
- November 23, 7:30 p.m. – School Board Meeting
Weekly COVID Update – Week Ending October 30, 2020
PDE Level of Community Transmission Table Update: In response to school leaders' need for additional guidance as to the risk of COVID-19 transmission in their communities, the Pennsylvania Departments of Health and Education are providing recommendations to Pre-K to 12 schools when making decisions related to instructional models during the 2020-21 school year.
For ease of use, once per week, the Department of Education will publish a list identifying the level of community transmission in each county over the most recent 7-day reporting period. Click the section called: Level of Community Transmission Table to view this week’s update.
- Chester County Community Transmission Level: Moderate
- Montgomery County Community Transmission Level: Moderate
Number of Confirmed Cases in SFASD: Through these weekly updates, SFASD will share COVID related information and educational resources. This 7-day update includes all numbers of confirmed cases of COVID in the Spring-Ford schools.
- Spring-Ford Area School District – New Confirmed Cases: 4
SFASD is committed to protecting the personal health information of all students and employees. To ensure HIPAA and FERPA standards are followed, the district will continue to share district-wide data each week rather than building-based notifications. Parents/guardians will receive notification from a school nurse only if their child has been exposed to COVID through direct contact. Direct Contact is identified as being in contact with any individual within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes.
As a reminder our schools are thoroughly cleaned each evening. SFASD utilizes the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned, sanitized & disinfected at least 1x/day 5 days per week per CDC Guidance.
- All classrooms will be cleaned, sanitized & disinfected at least 1x/day 5 days per week per CDC Guidance.
- All bathrooms and locker rooms will be cleaned, sanitized & disinfected at least 1x/day 5 days per week per CDC Guidance.
- Day custodians will sanitize high touch areas at least once during the school day.
- Disinfecting wipes will be provided to all occupied areas in each building.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be installed in every classroom, building primary entrances and office areas.
- All drinking fountains will shut off. Bottle fillers will be in use where applicable.
- HVAC operation will follow ASHRAE Reopening of Schools recommendations 2020 where attainable
COVID Information from the CDC: People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. The CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19. Click here for more information about COVID symptoms.
- If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow the steps below to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community.
- Stay home except to get medical care. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
- Take care of yourself. Get rest and stay hydrated. Take over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen, to help you feel better.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you get medical care. Be sure to get care if you have trouble breathing, or have any other emergency warning signs, or if you think it is an emergency.
Montgomery and Chester County COVID Dashboard Trends: Montgomery and Chester County officials are committed to the health and safety of all of the county residents. The Counties has compiled data pertaining to COVID-19 into easy to use dashboards. On these dashboards, you can explore a collection of maps, data and charts that show the number cases related to COVID-19. There is also information on age, gender and race. The information only pertains to those individuals that have been verified as county residents and received a positive test.
Spring-Ford Footprint*: Total Confirmed Cases Week Ending October 30, 2020
• Limerick Township: 16
• Royersford Borough: 2
• Upper Providence Township: 25
• Spring City Borough: 2
NOTE: This number update includes all numbers in the district footprint representing roughly 50,000 residents.