Weekly COVID Update – Week Ending October 9, 2020
PDE Level of Community Transmission Table Update: In response to school leaders' need for additional guidance as to the risk of COVID-19 transmission in their communities, the Pennsylvania Departments of Health and Education are providing recommendations to Pre-K to 12 schools when making decisions related to instructional models during the 2020-21 school year.
For ease of use, once per week, the Department of Education will publish a list identifying the level of community transmission in each county over the most recent 7-day reporting period. Click the section called: Level of Community Transmission Table to view this week’s update.
- Chester County Community Transmission Level: Moderate
- Montgomery County Community Transmission Level: Moderate
Number of Confirmed Cases in SFASD: Through these weekly updates, SFASD will share COVID related information and educational resources. This 7-day update includes all numbers of confirmed cases of COVID in the Spring-Ford schools.
- Spring-Ford Area School District – Confirmed Total Cases: 2
SFASD is committed to protecting the personal health information of all students and employees. To ensure HIPAA and FERPA standards are followed, the district will continue to share district-wide data each week rather than building-based notifications. Parents/guardians will receive notification from a school nurse only if their child has been exposed to COVID through direct contact. Direct Contact is identified as being in contact with any individual within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes.
As a reminder our schools are thoroughly cleaned each evening. SFASD utilizes the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned, sanitized & disinfected at least 1x/day 5 days per week per CDC Guidance.
- All classrooms will be cleaned, sanitized & disinfected at least 1x/day 5 days per week per CDC Guidance.
- All bathrooms and locker rooms will be cleaned, sanitized & disinfected at least 1x/day 5 days per week per CDC Guidance.
- Day custodians will sanitize high touch areas at least once during the school day.
- Disinfecting wipes will be provided to all occupied areas in each building.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be installed in every classroom, building primary entrances and office areas.
- All drinking fountains will shut off. Bottle fillers will be in use where applicable.
- HVAC operation will follow ASHRAE Reopening of Schools recommendations 2020 where attainable
Please click here to familiarize yourself with the Spring-Ford Reopening Plan.
COVID INFORMATION FROM THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC):
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. The CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19. Click here for more information about COVID symptoms.
- If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow the steps below to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community.
- Stay home except to get medical care. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
- Take care of yourself. Get rest and stay hydrated. Take over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen, to help you feel better.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you get medical care. Be sure to get care if you have trouble breathing, or have any other emergency warning signs, or if you think it is an emergency.
- Avoid public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
Click here for information about preventing the spread of COVID.
Montgomery and Chester County COVID Dashboard Trends
Montgomery and Chester County officials are committed to the health and safety of all of the county residents. The Counties has compiled data pertaining to COVID-19 into easy to use dashboards. On these dashboards, you can explore a collection of maps, data and charts that show the number cases related to COVID-19. There is also information on age, gender and race. The information only pertains to those individuals that have been verified as county residents and received a positive test.
Spring-Ford Footprint*: Total Confirmed Cases Week Ending October 9, 2020
- Limerick Township: 9
- Royersford Borough: 2
- Upper Providence Township: 6
- Spring City Borough: 0
NOTE: This number update includes all numbers in the district footprint. This update is not specific to Spring-Ford schools.
Reopening Timeline Reminder
- October 14, 2020: 7-12 Commitment Survey Closes
- October 26, 2020: All Faculty/Staff to return to work onsite
- October 5-29, 2020: Develop K-6 Schedules
- October 22, 2020: 7-12 Blue/Gold designation will be posted to Skyward after 5 p.m.
- October 26, 2020: All Faculty/Staff to return to work onsite
- October 30, 2020: K-6 all class changes will be posted to Skyward
- November 11, 2020: End of MP1
- November 12, 2020: Students return to In Person Learning or Virtual
- February 1, 2021: End of MP2
- February 2, 2020: Based on metrics, all students return to In Person learning or transition to Spring-Ford Cyber Learning
Update from Spring-Ford’s Human Resources Office
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you seeking a job that allows flexibility? The Spring-Ford Area School District is in need of Substitute Teachers and Substitute Instructional Assistants for the 2020-2021 School year – in-district and virtual. Substitutes desiring virtual assignments will be trained in the district’s LMS, Canvas. Per diem, Extended, and Long-term Substitutes are contracted through the Substitute Teacher Service. Per diem substitute teachers earn $120/day up to 40 assignments and $150/day thereafter. Substitute Instructional Assistants earn $12.70/hour.
Contact STS at www.thesubservice.com or 610-566-6466 to start the application process!
Mark Your Calendar - RCTV Coverage
All live events can be viewed on our Livestream or YouTube pages. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to receive notifications. The athletic events below are Varsity only. Junior Varsity games may be streamed on our YouTube Channel via an iPad as well. The following upcoming events are full broadcasts and are subject to change:
10/14 | Girls Tennis vs Owen J. Roberts @ 3:30 p.m. on YouTube
10/14 | Field Hockey vs Perkiomen Valley @ 7 p.m. on Livestream
10/15 | Boys Soccer vs Boyertown @ 7 p.m. on Livestream
10/16 | Field Hockey vs Boyertown @ 4:15 p.m. on Livestream
10/16 | Football vs Metacton @ 7 p.m. on Livestream
10/21 | Volleyball vs Owen J. Roberts @ 5:30 p.m. on YouTube
10/22 | Girls Soccer vs Upper Perk @ 7 p.m. on Livestream
10/24 | Boy’s Soccer vs Methacton @ 10 a.m. on Livestream
10/24 | Halftime Homecoming Court Celebration on Livestream
10/24 | Band End of Season Show on Livestream
10/26 | Spring-Ford School Board Meeting @ 7:30 p.m. on YouTube
10/28 | Field Hockey vs Methacton @ 7 p.m. on Livestream
09/19 | Band Parent Preview @ 5:30p
09/25 | Football vs Perkiomen Valley @ 7:00p
09/28 | Spring-Ford School Board Meeting @ 7:30p
09/29 | Girls Tennis vs Pottsgrove @ 3:30p
09/29 | Girls Soccer vs Boyertown @ 7:00p
09/30 | Girls Volleyball vs Perkiomen Valley @ 5:30p
10/01 | Boys Soccer vs Owen J. Roberts @ 7:00p
10/02 | Girls Tennis vs Phoenixville @ 3:30p
10/02 | Field Hockey vs Owen J. Roberts @ 7:00p
10/05 | Volleyball vs Pottsgrove @ 5:15p
10/05 | Spring-Ford Special Board Meeting @ 7:30p
10/06 | Boys Soccer vs Upper Perk @ 7:00p
10/07 | Volleyball vs Owen J. Roberts @ 5:45p
10/07 | Field Hockey vs Upper Perk @ 7:00p
10/08 | Girls Soccer vs Methacton @ 7:00p
10/09 | Football vs Upper Perkiomen @ 7:00p
10/10 | Boys Soccer vs Pottsgrove @ 10a
10/12 | Volleyball vs Boyertown @ 5:30p
10/12 | Spring-Ford Work Session @ 7:30p
10/13 | Boys Soccer vs Perkiomen Valley @ 7:00p
Click here to keep up with additional games as they are scheduled.