Weekly Update with Mr. Rizzo
This week, Mr. Rizzo talks about: the Homecoming Parade and SFEA Picnic, upcoming events, and send Many Thanks. Click here to watch.
Register Today for Upcoming Events
- In-Person Community Connection with Mr. Rizzo, October 21 at 5:30 p.m.
- Virtual Parent Center: MDE and IEP, October 21 at 7 p.m.
- In-Person SFASD Recruitment Fair, October 27 at 4:30 p.m.
- In-Person QPR Training, November 4 at 6:30 p.m.
- Virtual QPR Training, November 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Virtual Speaker Series: Eating Disorders, What You Need to Know, November 18 at 7 p.m.
SFASD Recruitment Fair
Join the Spring-Ford Area School District for our Recruiting Event. Meet with representatives from Substitute Teacher Services (STS), General Healthcare Resources, Inc. (GHR), Custer’s Garage, Interstate Cleaning Corp., and SFASD Human Resources on site for open positions including Substitute Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Bus Drivers, Bus Attendants, Food Service Workers, Shift Custodians, Custodial, Maintenance, and Teaching Positions. JUST ADDED: Advanced Protection Company
Speaker Series: Eating Disorders, What You Need to Know
During the recent pandemic, calls to the National Eating Disorder hotlines increased 70%. Join Adrianne Delgado, dietitian and owner of Bodymetrix Health and Wellness Services, as she discusses the causes, early warning signs, and treatment options for those struggling with eating disorders.
WHEN: Thursday, November 18 at 7 p.m.
DETAILS: Click here to register.
Homecoming Parade Reminder
Spring-Ford students will continue a longstanding Homecoming tradition of parading through the streets of downtown Royersford on Saturday, October 23, 2021 starting at 12 p.m. Main Street will be closed to traffic during the parade.
The Homecoming Parade will feature the talents of Spring-Ford’s award-winning Golden Ram Marching Band, the chorus and the Spring-Ford Middle School Band, and will include various high school clubs. Athletic team members, School Board members, local dignitaries, local fire companies and the Rowdy Ram will all make appearances.
The parade will end with a FREE community picnic, provided by the Spring-Ford Educators Association (SFEA).
Finally, join fellow Ram fans as Spring-Ford Area High School's football team takes on Owen J. Roberts High School at 2 p.m. in Coach McNelly stadium. Gates will open at 12:30 p.m. for pre-game festivities that will include musical performances, as well as the introduction of the Homecoming Court.
Click here to tell your friends you’re going, or to share details online.
Spring-Ford Cyber Learning 2nd Marking Period Registration
SFCL registration for the second marking period is now open. Any families interested in registering for SFCL for 2nd quarter can click here to fill out the registration form. Registration will close on October 22nd.
- Returning to In-Person: Any families interested in returning to their home buildings for in person learning can click here to fill out the return form.
- Remaining in SFCL: Any families currently registered who are remaining in cyber do not need to fill out the registration form.
Transitions in and out of SFCL will take place on a quarterly basis.
STS and SFASD Guest Teacher Program
Substitute Teacher Service (STS) is proud to offer the Guest Teacher Program at Spring-Ford. This program allows those who have a four-year degree to take an online training program that would prepare them for teaching in the classroom as a day to day substitute teacher.
This program is the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and is exclusive to STS. The program will enhance the abilities of guest teachers to assure the education and well-being of the children is our top priority.
As a substitute teacher, you will be responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the regularly appointed teacher for whom you would be substituting. Your goal will be to adhere to the learning environment that would exist if the regular teacher were in the classroom.
Click here to learn more about Guest Teaching at Spring-Ford.
Many Thanks, Spring-Ford
Many Thanks is an unsolicited acknowledgement of anyone in the Spring-Ford community who has demonstrated a caring or sensitive attitude, gone the extra mile, made a special effort to include someone, or simply deserves recognition.
Who can you thank? Send a special message to students, parents, teachers, administrators, administrative assistants, bus drivers, custodial staff, your favorite food service staff, a coworker, stranger, business owner, or community member.
Many Thanks will be posted weekly to the Spring-Ford website, shared in Weekly Updates, and acknowledged on our social media platforms. You have the option to remain anonymous, or share your first name.
Click here to send a special message, and... Many Thanks, Spring-Ford!
- Rick L., many thanks for being an incredible youth football coach who not only teaches the fundamentals of the game but important life lessons for our young children learning lessons through sport. From Flag Football Gold
- Miss Sandi the Best Bus Driver F., many thanks for taking such great care of the Raven's Claw kids and always giving Andrew an extra kind word when you can tell he needs it! From Gina F.
- All people who work at the student pick up and drop off ... many thanks for always being there for our children despite the weather. Through rain and wind or a heat wave you welcome them to the school with smiles on your faces. It is very much appreciated. From Kristyna B.
- Bennett N., many thanks for helping our kindergartener, Beatrice V., find her bus during dismissal! From Kelly V.
SFMA Pie Sale
SFMA is happy to once again partner with Linvilla Orchards to provide their famous pies to the community through this fundraiser. Linvilla Orchards has been baking their pies for over 50 years! All orders for this fundraiser will be delivered in time for Thanksgiving. Click here to learn more.
Montgomery County Testing Sites
The Montgomery County COVID-19 testing sites are open! These sites are outdoors and are subject to closure on short notice due to inclement weather. Click here to find a local testing site.
Spring-Ford Level of Community Transmission: Schools should work with local public health officials to determine the additional prevention strategies needed in their area by monitoring levels of community transmission (i.e., low, moderate, substantial, or high). SFASD will refer to the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) COVID-19 Rates by School District Dashboard (link below). MCOPH will update their weekly data each Tuesday. Click here for the 2021-2022 Dashboard.
Montgomery and Chester County COVID Dashboard Trends:
- Spring-Ford Area School District COVID Dashboard
- Click here to view the full Montgomery County dashboard.
- Click here to view the full Chester County dashboard.
Find Available Vaccine Appointments: Many local locations have vaccines available, some offering same-day appointments or walk-in appointments. MCOPH will release vaccine appointments within phases randomly, not by the date registered. Click here to register for a vaccine appointment.
Local Vaccine Search: Enter your zip code for a listing of local sites.
CDC Information: Masking Best Practices
The following Masks are allowable for school use.
- Two or more layers of washable. Breathable fabric.
- Completely covers your nose and mouth.
- Fits snugly against the sides of your face and doesn’t have gaps.
- Has a nose wire to prevent air from leaking out of the top of the mask. (Disposable Surgical)
- Gaiters with two layers, or fold to make it two layers.
The following masks are not allowable for use in schools.
- Having valves or vents which allow virus particles to escape.
- Having mesh only or webbing only and used as a face covering.
- Any clear face shield either partial or full alone is not allowable without a specific medical waiver. Clear face shields are allowable in combination with a mask listed above.
Long term use of N95 masks is not recommended for children by the CDC. N95 masks are for priority use for our healthcare workers. Please refer to the CDC guideline if you have any questions regarding the proper wear of your mask or how to clean reusable masks.