First Day of School Update
Thank you for your patience when dealing with unexpected login and Zoom connectivity issues. Our Technology Department has been working directly with Zoom and Canvas to mitigate issues that occurred during the day.
Teachers are aware that some students experienced trouble connecting through Zoom this morning and will remain flexible this week when taking attendance. Please continue to check Canvas for class content and connect directly with your teacher if Zoom or Microsoft Teams does not connect on a given day or period.
Again, thank you for the patience, we appreciate all you have and will be doing during these remarkably trying times.
Embedded Zoom links were not functioning in the Canvas app. The Technology Department is still investigating this with both Zoom and Canvas. The embedded links are putting an extra extension on the front of the links causing them to fail. To elevate this issue, the Canvas App will be removed from district-issued devices.
Canvas is a web-based program and the program does work best on the Chrome browser. Click here to download Chrome.
Please click here for more information about Canvas including:
- Parent access
- Student access
- User guides
- Zoom tech support link
Virtual Room Etiquette
Families should take time to discuss appropriate online behavior, including virtual classroom etiquette. Please discuss the following:
- When entering a virtual space, please mute your microphone and only turn it on when you need to speak.
- Please be sure that students are appropriately dressed. We are trying to use virtual spaces to recreate a classroom environment as best as possible. Virtual spaces will be recorded. Please be sure that students are adhering to the district dress code when participating in virtual instructional spaces.
- Students will still be held to the district student code of conduct.
- Sessions may be recorded by the teacher. Students are not permitted to record online sessions unless they are working 1-1 with the teacher and they are given permission by the teacher. At no time can students record an online session with other students in attendance.
- Please review the following document with your child.
Wednesday Schedule Reminder
Elementary Schedule: Wednesday will be reserved for small-group instruction or individual appointments as needed and scheduled with the teacher. Morning Meeting, Afternoon check-in, and specials will still occur on Wednesdays, but live instruction may not occur in all areas on Wednesdays. Please check your Canvas page in the morning for additional information.
7-12 Weekly Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday will run on a synchronous schedule following the traditional bell schedule. Students are expected to be in live sessions via Zoom at the start of each class period. On Wednesday, students will continue to receive synchronous instruction via Canvas. Students will still be required to attend their scheduled class period but will be working on Canvas.
- Instruction may include pre-recorded teacher videos, targeted skill videos, independent practice, assignments, assessments etc.
- Teachers may also lead small group instruction as needed via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Students with IEPs may receive additional instruction and/or support in coordination with their IEP as needed.
- Wednesday will still be considered a day within the 6-day rotation.
- Attendance: Students are required to enter each class on Canvas to be considered present.
Daily Meal Pick Up Information
Spring-Ford Food Service will continue providing FREE breakfast and lunch Grab and Go meals for all students under 18 years of age! Please select one of the four available locations:
WHEN: Monday through Friday, 3:30-5 p.m.
- The 5/6/7 Grade Center, 833 South Lewis Rd. Building 2, Royersford, PA 19468
- Limerick Elementary School, 81 Limerick Center Road, Royersford, PA 19468-1303
- Royersford Elementary School, 450 Spring Street, Royersford, PA 19468
- Spring City Elementary School, 190 South Wall Street, Spring City, PA 19475
DETAILS: Weekly pre-ordering is encouraged.
- Click here to see the monthly menu
- Complete the weekly pre-order form
- Please complete a weekly pre-order form for each student
- Meals will be available for a daily pick up at the selected pickup location
School Board Updates
Ad Hoc Committee: the Ad Hoc Committee will meet this Thursday, September 10th at 7 p.m. in the Spring-Ford Area High School Main Conference Room located at 350 South Lewis Road in Royersford, PA and on Zoom. The purpose of the meeting is to provide a forum for parents to speak with Board Members in a Q&A format. The Ad Hoc Committee’s goal is to develop a panel of approximately 20 people who can provide ideas and concepts to the Board based on their experience and knowledge with regards to reopening schools. Participation in this meeting will be live and via Zoom with a limit of 25 participants live including Board and District Personnel.
Work Session and Board Meetings will now be held on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month, therefore this month’s Work Session will be on Monday, September 14th and the Board Meeting will be on Monday, September 28th. This schedule will go through the month of November. Under School Code, the December Reorganization meeting must occur on the first Monday of the month so the Reorganization meeting will be held on December 7th.
The Policy Committee and Curriculum/Technology Committee normally met on the 2nd Monday but due to the change in the board meeting calendar which now has the work sessions on the 2nd Monday, the Policy and Curriculum/Technology will meet on the 3rd Monday of the month. The next meeting night for these two committees will be September 21st.
The Extracurricular Committee and Community Relations Committee will be meeting monthly now as opposed to bi-monthly and on the 1st Tuesday of the month with Extracurricular at 6:30 and Community Relations at 7:30. The next meeting night for these two committees will be October 6th.