Beginning this fall, the program will expand to a full Kindergarten through 12th grade cyber learning program, newly re-named Spring-Ford Cyber Learning (SFCL). SFCL offers students the opportunity to engage in personalized education from home, with the added benefit of being eligible to participate in many SFASD extra-curricular activities. Meaning all students will remain part of the Spring-Ford community!
Spring-Ford Cyber Learning
Since 2012, the Spring-Ford Area School District has offered an in-district cyber option to secondary students. Beginning this fall, the program will expand to a full Kindergarten through 12th grade cyber learning program, newly re-named Spring-Ford Cyber Learning (SFCL).
The expansion to include all grades gives all Spring-Ford families an alternative to brick-and-mortar schools, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of SFCL is to provide a seamless blending of online and brick-and-mortar offerings for all students.
Spring-Ford Cyber Learning has been developed by the Spring-Ford Curriculum and Instruction Department and will be taught by the Spring-Ford teachers. SFCL offers students the opportunity to engage in personalized education from home, with the added benefit of being eligible to participate in many SFASD extra-curricular activities. Meaning all students will remain part of the Spring-Ford community!
Benefits of Spring-Ford Cyber Learning include:
- Instruction by the Spring-Ford teachers your child already knows, including Special Education teachers.
- Fully accredited NCAA courses.
- Engaging, high-quality, district-aligned curriculum, integrated with multimedia lessons incorporated into each lesson.
- A personalized education facilitated by a SFASD school counselor.
- Access to the SFASD college and career planning services.
- Eligibility to participate in SFASD extra-curricular activities. For example:
- Aevidum Club
- Art Enrichment
- National Honor Society
- Interact Club
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- A full-time public school alternative to charter schools.
- Attend Class Dances, Prom, Home and School events, and participate in Graduation activities.
- Earn a Spring-Ford Area School District diploma.
- Option to return to your child’s home building at any time when/if your family is ready.
Enrolling in Spring-Ford Cyber Learning will open on July 21, 2020. Please note that only current Spring-Ford residents in grades K through 12 are eligible to enroll. Click here for more information about Spring-Ford Cyber Learning. To help us better plan and predict for staffing, please click here to complete an Interest Survey.
In addition, since mid-May Spring-Ford has been actively considering a variety of options to provide a meaningful education to all students next school year. Three committees made up of Spring-Ford administration, teachers, and support staff have been developing possible plans for the 2020-2021 school year. Planning for 2020-2021 is of course dependent upon state mandates and social distancing guidelines. A final plan will be presented to the School Board during a Special Board Meeting on July 20, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Please refer to the dates below for a progress timeline:
- May 14 through the present date: Three 2020-2021 Planning Committees have been meeting regularly to develop reopening plans
- June 22: Dr. Goodin provided a "first look" at three possible scenarios for reopening the 2020-2021 school year. He introduced the Chairperson(s) assigned to head up each of the three committees that continues to work on plans for reopening. Each chairperson provided general information on what reopening might look like under those scenarios.
- July 1, 2020: Spring-Ford Cyber Learning announcement and Interest Survey
- July 20, 2020: Special School Board Meeting on Zoom and in-person, Presentation of Plans
- July 21, 2020: Spring-Ford Cyber Learning enrollment opens
Fall Sports Sign Up Form – Grades 7 through 12
Please click on the link below to let the Spring-Ford Athletic Department know if your student is interested in participating in a Fall Sport this year. This is not the Athletic Registration form, this is in lieu of the normal “interest meetings” that are held at the end of the school year. The link will be open from June 11th through July 31st.
Click here to complete the Fall Sports sign up form.
- Weekly Update