About 5/6 Center [+]
The Spring-Ford Area School District House System
A traditional fixture of many schools is the “house” system, which has enabled Spring-Ford to accomplish a number of goals, such as encouraging and increasing communication between students and to create a supportive environment.
2021-2022 House Principals
5th Grade House Principal: Philip Leddy
6th Grade House Principal: Dr. Kathie Kotch
5/6 Grade Principal
5/6 Activities and Clubs
If interested, students should listen to morning and afternoon announcements for instructions on how to apply for or join an activity. Please note that some of these won’t be available until either the winter season or the spring season.
Throughout the School Year
- Various Intramurals
- Builder’s Club
- Reading Olympics
- Homework Club
- Art Club
- Walking Club
- Yearbook Club
- Board Games Club
- Screenwriter’s Club
- Running Club
- Model Rocketry Club
- Photography Club
Each and every staff member of the 5-6 Center is committed to doing their very best for each and every child with whom we come in contact. Our goal as a staff is to create an environment where students, parents, and community members work in concert with each other to cultivate a culture that maintains academic excellence and a cooperative atmosphere. As you can see from our collective vision statements below, we work hard.
- “All students at the 5-6 Center will be given the tools, support, and opportunities to succeed to the best of their ability.” – Academic Success
- “The 5-6 Center is a place where students, staff, and parents are actively engaged and committed to the success of the school.” ---Environment
- “Everyone at the 5-6 Center will work together as a team with open lines of communication to ensure student success.”--Communication
- “The 5-6 Center is a school that promotes educational achievement throughout our school and our community.”—Community
- “The 5-6 Center is a place where each person is respected, valued as an individual, and encouraged to learn.” –Professionalism
- “The 5-6 Center is a place that fosters student curiosity and develops lifelong learners.” –Goals
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
Safety is our Number 1 concern! The 5/6 Grade Center cafeteria doors (#12-13) are open for parent drop-off between 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. 15 mph speed limit and drop off your child as safely as possible.
- It is imperative that there be one car line in the rear of the building to keep traffic moving.
- Please drive under the posted
- Students should ONLY exit their vehicles within the designated drop off area.
- Please pull as far forward in this drop off area before having your child exit your vehicle.
- Each morning Spring-Ford staff will greet each student as s/he exit your vehicle.
- Students should exit vehicles from the passenger side (This is the side opposite the moving traffic flow.)
- If your child MUST exit from the driver side, please verify that it is safe for them to exit, assist your child from the vehicle, and walk them around the front of your vehicle to the drop off area. (There may be moving vehicles on the left of your vehicle, so please be careful while doing this.)
- At exactly 8:55 a.m. school staff members will enter the building and secure the cafeteria doors. Students being dropped off after this time should be driven to the front of the building (Door#2) and escorted to the office by their parents where they will receive a tardy slip.
- For the safety of the entire school, school staff members have been instructed not to reopen the doors once they have been locked.
Afternoon Pickup Procedures
For the 21-22 school year, parent pickup procedures are as follows:
- Parent pickup will take place in the back of the building by car line. You will NOT park or exit your vehicle. Staff will be present to assist students in getting to your vehicle.
- Please place a piece of cardstock in your passenger side window with the student name and grade in large bold print. Cardstock can be picked up in the Main office.
- 5th Grade parents should enter the campus at 3:25pm and 6th Grade at at 3:45pm.
You do not need to notify the office that a student is parent pickup unless it is a last minute change. This is a change from our previous pickup procedures.
What should I do if I’m bringing my child in to school late? Any time after 9:00 AM, you need to sign in your child at the front desk in the main entrance.
What do I need to do if my child has an early dismissal? Send a note in with your child; this note will come down to the office with the classroom attendance. You can then pick up your child in the main office, you will need to show photo ID.
What do I do if I typically drop off/pick up my child for/from school, but I am running late?If you arrive to drop off after 9:00 AM, Door #12 will be locked so your child will have to enter the front of the building. If you arrive to pick up after 4:00 PM, your child will be walked up to the main office.
What if I decide during the school day that I need to put my child on the parent pickup list or get them off the list so they ride the bus home?Please email the receptionist at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the HR teacher. She will add your child’s name to the list or take them off the list and make sure that the child knows to go to parent pick up or ride the bus home.
How do I notify the school if my child will be absent?Call the school (705-6003) and leave a message on the Absentee Line. Within 3 days of your child’s return to school, you MUST also send a note in with him/her explaining the absence.
How can I deliver a forgotten lunch to my child?Put your child’s name on the lunch and drop it off with our receptionist in the main office.
How should I communicate with my child’s teacher?All teachers have e-mail accounts and voicemail; e-mails may get answered more quickly than voicemails.
What clubs and or after school activities are there for my child?There are some clubs that run year round and others run for a certain number of weeks in order to give more kids the opportunity to participate.Information on starting dates will be found on the 5/6 home page.Some of our clubs are as follows:
The clubs that run all year round are Band, Orchestra, Chorus and Homework Club and Builders Club.
Others that run for sessions are Computer Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Walking Club and Running Club.
Doors Open: 8:30 a.m.
School Hours: 9 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.