The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) recently updated the guidelines on quarantining students to allow a school-based Test to Stay program. Participating school districts will be allowed to offer a voluntary rapid antigen test in the school every other day for asymptomatic individuals identified as a close contact. The ultimate goal of the Test to Stay program is to minimize the need to quarantine healthy students. Students identified as a close contact exposed in a school setting. This does not include close contacts exposed at home, outside of the school setting, and community exposures.
About the Program: Test to Stay is a voluntary COVID-19 prevention strategy that allows individuals who are identified as a close contact to a case of COVID-19 to continue to attend school and participate in extracurricular activities in modified quarantine for seven days after the last day of exposure. To participate in Test to Stay, individuals will need to opt-in to completing an antigen testing cadence for COVID-19, remain symptom-free, and test negative to be able to remain in school and participate in extracurricular activities over their 7 day quarantine period.
If a parent does not want their child to participate in the voluntary Test to Stay Program, that child will be required to quarantine in accordance with current recommendations outlined in the Montgomery County Office of Public Health.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Students identified as a close contact exposed in a school setting. This does not include close contacts exposed at home, outside of the school setting, and community exposures.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated students.
- Asymptomatic students (without any signs or symptoms of COVID-19).
- Participating students must agree to wear a mask at all times during the school day except for eating, drinking or during mask breaks.
- During the use of Test to Stay, face shields are not acceptable.
- An individual who has a mask exemption will not qualify for Test to Stay and will have to complete standard COVID-19 quarantine.
- Parent/ Guardian consent is required receive antigen testing provided in accordance to Test to Stay antigen testing cadence.
Please log into Skyward to complete the Parent Consent form.